The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed please

Hello,
I have a serious dilemma on my hands and i hope i can get advice from someone.
I've just finished my second year at university and i'm awaiting my results. I got a low 2.1 ( 61%) in my first year but i am very sure that i'm not going to make the pass mark for my 2nd year exam, due to a combination of not having interest in the subject and to be very frank, not working anywhere as hard as I should over the course of the year.I however want to still try my best to get a 2.1 at the end of my degree but seeing as I think i've done dreadful in my 2nd year exams and the maximum I could possibly get is 40%( resit capped mark), getting this would be extremely difficult as I would still need 80% for a 2.1 and 100 % for a 1st in my 3rd year.
So I'm wondering if the best thing to do is to redo the year and change to a subject I have more interest in, or carry on to 3rd year with the 40% and hope for the best.
Please anyone's help would be kindly appreciated.
Original post by Stranger1995
Hello,
I've just finished my second year at university and i'm awaiting my results. I got a low 2.1 ( 61%) in my first year but i am very sure that i'm not going to make the pass mark for my 2nd year exam, due to a combination of not having interest in the subject and to be very frank, not working anywhere as hard as I should over the course of the year.I however want to still try my best to get a 2.1 at the end of my degree but seeing as I think i've done dreadful in my 2nd year exams and the maximum I could possibly get is 40%( resit capped mark), getting this would be extremely difficult as I would still need 80% for a 2.1 and 100 % for a 1st in my 3rd year.
So I'm wondering if the best thing to do is to redo the year and change to a subject I have more interest in, or carry on to 3rd year with the 40% and hope for the best.

You really need to speak to your tutor of student union about this. The options for retakes/ transfers vary between unis so noone can advise you well without a good understanding of your degree regulations.
Hello,

Is the whole of your second year capped at 40% or just those modules which you have to resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Is the whole of your second year capped at 40% or just those modules which you have to resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its just the ones I have to resit
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You really need to speak to your tutor of student union about this. The options for retakes/ transfers vary between unis so noone can advise you well without a good understanding of your degree regulations.

Alright thanks
I think its just the ones I have to resit

As above, check your degree regulations. Your first year might not count at all and your third year probably carries more weight than the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending