The Student Room Group

so so tired... all the time...... feel like im on the verge of death

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Triceps Surae
What are the headaches like, are they severe enough to wake you up from sleep?

Some doctors don't pick up on mental health issues right away; there's still a lot of work to be done in the NHS to raise awareness. I may be completely wrong in the end but I think it's definitely something to keep in mind!

When I get headaches they are pretty bad - without paracetamol, they last a few days, then they disappear. They don't really wake me up but I won't fall asleep without paracetamol.
Original post by Anonymous
never really thought about a possibility of this being mental health related. But who knows maybe it is possible.

It's worth considering. Have a look into depression related illness, just to see whether you can relate.

Also, have you had any viral infections/ illnesses in the past few months?

My friend had glandular fever a few years ago and she took ages to recover from it. She developed chronic fatigue type syndromes for about a year afterwards, couldn't go to college properly because she was constantly so drained.
Sounds like a mental thing to me, especially if you've looked at everything else. Maybe talk it through with your GP it's an option worth exploring.
Original post by Twinpeaks
It's worth considering. Have a look into depression related illness, just to see whether you can relate.

Also, have you had any viral infections/ illnesses in the past few months?

My friend had glandular fever a few years ago and she took ages to recover from it. She developed chronic fatigue type syndromes for about a year afterwards, couldn't go to college properly because she was constantly so drained.

Not really, just had a cold.
Original post by misscaricature
Sounds like a mental thing to me, especially if you've looked at everything else. Maybe talk it through with your GP it's an option worth exploring.

Yeah, might try to see a different GP.

Quick Reply

Latest