The Student Room Group

Changing uni course and university?

Hi,

So I don't know if this is going to seem bizarre or weird but I want to change my university course completely. I've applied and accepted my offers for Theatre Studies. I study English Literature, French and Drama and at AS I got AABB. However, I've always wanted to study Law and unfortunately never had the right support with PS etc so I didn't apply or take the LNAT. I feel like it was an easy cop out. Now I've firmed my place, still at a good uni, I feel like I can get the grades for Law for example at Cardiff, Law and French is ABB and Liverpool also offers ABB. Is this going to be possible if I come out with those grades on results day? Also my predictions are AAA and my offer for Theatre was ABB, so I feel like I could exceed this and go through adjustment but I'm not sure that would be possible for Law at a good university? or could I change now beforehand?
I think the best thing you can do now is wait until results day and see what you can get through Clearing. I wouldn't withdraw your application or anything like, you might end up changing your mind again and I think it's probably a little late to change your application now.

For Law, is it compulsory to take the LNAT? If it is, this might lower your chances, too, as you'll have to take this before the university offers you a place. However, it's not impossible.

Have a look at the UCAS site: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing
It might be able to give you some information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending