The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official 'Ask BCU' Thread for 2015/2016

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the official 'Ask BCU' thread for 2015/2016. As the title suggests, this thread is for you to ask us anything you want! Whether you have questions about our courses, student life, living in Birmingham, our facilities or any worries you may have about coming to university- the team and our student ambassadors are here to answer them :smile:

So don't be shy and ask way!

The BCU Team

PS- If you have any questions about your accommodation application, please email [email protected]

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Guys, my name is Maria and am postgraduate student at BCU you can ask me anything you want about BCU and media school :smile:

Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the official 'Ask BCU' thread for 2015/2016. As the title suggests, this thread is for you to ask us anything you want! Whether you have questions about our courses, student life, living in Birmingham, our facilities or any worries you may have about coming to university- the team and our student ambassadors are here to answer them :smile:

The BCU Team

PS- If you have any questions about your accommodation application, please email [email protected]

Thanks!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi! I was just wondering if you could confirm that for people with conditional offers would be allocated accommodation places after their grades are confirmed/changed on the system?
Original post by Jessrabbitxo
Hi! I was just wondering if you could confirm that for people with conditional offers would be allocated accommodation places after their grades are confirmed/changed on the system?

Hi Jessrabbitxo,

Hopefully the below will help with your query:

"If you do not live in Birmingham and have accepted an offer on a full-time course at Birmingham City University, you are guaranteed a room in our halls of residence during your first year of study, provided you have applied to study here by the deadline.
If you apply through Clearing or choose Birmingham City University as your insurance choice you are not guaranteed a place but we will endeavour to offer you accommodation for your first year of study. Our decision depends upon the location of your permanent home in relation to Birmingham and applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis. If you live in Birmingham, you will be made an offer of accommodation subject to availability.When you apply to us, please quote your University application number (student ID), which is given to you in the heading of your offer email. That number will not be recognised by the accommodation application system until you have first accepted your offer in UCAS Track, and then waited for between 24 and 48 hours while our systems update from UCAS. Once you have accepted your offer in UCAS Track, please keep trying to complete the application form until your student number is recognised.If we are unable to offer you University accommodation, we will help you find alternative accommodation in the private sector."Let us know if you would like more information, you can also contact the accommodation team directly as they can track individual applications :smile:

Sunny (BCU Team)
Hi there,

On different Facebook pages for freshers many people are mentioning emails about having their portal details and having to upload evidence of qualification. I haven't received anything myself, any ideas on why that could be?

Thanks
Original post by jodie.mairs
Hi there,

On different Facebook pages for freshers many people are mentioning emails about having their portal details and having to upload evidence of qualification. I haven't received anything myself, any ideas on why that could be?

Thanks

Hi Jodie,

This could depend on their course. If the conversations are about your course and you're worried you have missed an email or want to enquire if this is relevant to you, then it might be worth giving your School's admission office a call or perhaps drop them an email. You can find the contact details here.

Hope that helps!

Sunny (BCU Team)
Hi everyone,

The BCU Team

Thanks!

Hi, I received an offer of 280 ucas points but am only going to achieve 200 ucas points would it still be possible to study business at BCU?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahmed2015
Hi, I received an offer of 280 ucas points but am only going to achieve 200 ucas points would it still be possible to study business at BCU?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, is there a particular Business course you are enquiring about? If you have any concerns or would like any advice then you can always drop our Course Enquiries Team a line on 0121 331 5595.

If you do decide to give them a call, you'll be put through to a friendly adviser who can offer advice about entry requirements and the qualifications you need to apply for our courses.

We hope that helps!

Sunny (BCU Team)
(edited 8 years ago)
How do I upload my certificates onto the online portal thing? Do I take a picture of my results and certificates or does it need photocopying??
Original post by thestars
How do I upload my certificates onto the online portal thing? Do I take a picture of my results and certificates or does it need photocopying??

Hey,

We suggest that photocopying your certificates and results to upload onto the portal would be the best way. But any problems- just drop us a line :smile:

All the best!
Lydia (BCU Team)
Reply 10
Hello I would like to know what the date is when I move in to my accommodation (curzon gateway) ?
Original post by kjs2603
Hello I would like to know what the date is when I move in to my accommodation (curzon gateway) ?

Hi kjs2603, have you received any information via email or post? Keep an eye out as we can't say for sure. If we hear anything, we'll definitely let you know :smile:

Sunny

(BCU Team)
Reply 12
Hi kjs2603, have you received any information via email or post? Keep an eye out as we can't say for sure. If we hear anything, we'll definitely let you know :smile:

Sunny

(BCU Team)

No not had anything! Oh okay thank you :biggrin:
Hey!

Starting with us in September?

I've recently graduated from BCU - so if you have any questions about student life, work, or living in Birmingham... just ask! :smile:

Check out more about Life in Birmingham.

Lydia (BCU Team)
I was given a place on my course on the 11th of August and my accommodation application still says awaiting allocation, little bit worried I wont get my preferred choices.
Original post by Hutton97
I was given a place on my course on the 11th of August and my accommodation application still says awaiting allocation, little bit worried I wont get my preferred choices.

Hi Hutton97,

I would give the accommodation team a call on 0121 331 5191/5192 if you haven't heard back from them already. The lines may be busy but keep trying, alternatively you can drop them an email on [email protected] :smile:

Hope that helps!

Sunny

(BCU Team)
For my offer of accommodation, it says it that the offer runs out on the 24th, does that mean 11:59 on the 23rd, or do I have Monday to sort it out too.
Original post by littlesixbadger
For my offer of accommodation, it says it that the offer runs out on the 24th, does that mean 11:59 on the 23rd, or do I have Monday to sort it out too.

Hi,

Sorry we didn't reply to this in time before Monday! But hopefully you managed to sort this out with your accommodation? :smile:

Lydia.
What would an economics & finance timetable be like for first year undergrad
Original post by gsrdensofeden
What would an economics & finance timetable be like for first year undergrad

Hello!Sorry for the delay in responding. Timetables change every year so there's no guarantee that this year will be similar to the last but you should be receiving your timetables via email either before or during welcome week :smile: #BringOnBCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending