The Student Room Group

Cheap Pre Build Desktop PC

Hello, I am looking for a Cheap Desktop PC, for my brother.

I need it to be Prebuilt
Main uses are:
Office
Chrome
Youtube
Facebook
Twitter
Music (Lots of Tabs, Heavy Multitasking)
Very Fast
1gb Basic Graphics Card
4-6GB RAM
i3 or i5

What Price range am I looking at? Any links?
Could I get that for £150-200 ish?

Thanks
i bought this http://www.ebuyer.com/662337-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7260-3017 for 240 but its an amd and didnt come with an operating system, it does have 8gb ram though so possibly a 4gb ram version might hit under £200.
Original post by helpmekid
Hello, I am looking for a Cheap Desktop PC, for my brother.

I need it to be Prebuilt
Main uses are:
Office
Chrome
Youtube
Facebook
Twitter
Music (Lots of Tabs, Heavy Multitasking)
Very Fast
1gb Basic Graphics Card
4-6GB RAM
i3 or i5

What Price range am I looking at? Any links?
Could I get that for £150-200 ish?

Thanks

Don't bother looking for a pre-built this cheap system with a graphics card, whatever GPU they use will be garbage and barely worth using over integrated. If you find yourself wanting to game or do graphics intensive tasks later down the line pick up a GTX 750/750ti for under £100, they come in variants which do not require extra power cables so all you need to do is plug into the PC's motherboard and install the newest drivers, so really simple. If you want to do this, just be sure the PC you buy isn't in a really tiny form factor case and has a free PCI-E slot on its motherboard (this should come under "expansion" on any computer's spec page on the website), and the GPU you're looking at doesn't require a power connection.

Sub-£200 for an i3 based machine is going to be very tight, and probably not doable with an operating system included too. Forget about an i5, although in both scenarios you can do it by buying second hand or older generation hardware. eBuyer and Novatech are good sources for dirt cheap PCs, so I'd recommend starting there. Otherwise the later generations of Celeron CPUs are also quite good.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
i bought this http://www.ebuyer.com/662337-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7260-3017 for 240 but its an amd and didnt come with an operating system, it does have 8gb ram though so possibly a 4gb ram version might hit under £200.

That looks very good!

Can I ask you since you have it, How is it? Does it multi task well?

How is that graphics card inside?

Which monitor do you have? Thanks
Original post by helpmekid
That looks very good!

Can I ask you since you have it, How is it? Does it multi task well?

How is that graphics card inside?

Which monitor do you have? Thanks

well i normally have plenty of tabs running in chrome and at least onenote and spotify open and no problems as yet. The graphics arent amazing but better than my old laptop.
I have an acer 21 inch monitor that was 80 pounds from pc world cant remember the model.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending