The Student Room Group

I've really messed up, and might not be able to progress to 3rd year.

Hi,
I am hoping someone will be able to offer me some advice, and tell me if they have been in a similar situation, and what was the outcome. OK here goes, I will explain the situation that led me to my current point, a bit long so please bear with me.
I am at the end of my 2nd year of adult nursing at Herts Uni. A few months back i had an assignment due, i handed the assignment in but forgot to hand in the 2 research papers that were supposed to go in with the assignment. If i had not forgotten the 2 papers the assignment would of been a pass. So because of this, the uni awarded me a fail. This Monday gone was the resubmit for the assignment, and would you believe, again i forgot to hand it in.
Normally i am very organised and this has never happened to me in the past, all my assignments have gone in on time.
The problem i believe is that i have suffered 5 bereavements, all in a matter of 6 weeks, back in March. Due to the demands of Uni assignments, and a 10 week elective placement, i chose to put my feeling on a back burner and plod on. Furthermore, I had a spell of ill health with kidney stones and kidney infection, which i still have now. I know wish that i had asked for compassionate leave and dealt with the bereavements and my health, then maybe i wouldn't of made such silly mistakes.
I also failed the second half a 30 credit module, which i had to resit this Monday. It was while i was waiting to go into the exam hall that a fellow student asked if i had handed in the assignment, to my horror, i realised i had not. Well this was not the best way to go into an exam, with the stress of that and a kidney infection, i think i might not of done as much as was needed to pass that exam. I spent the last hour bursting for the toilet and due to the comfortableness and stress, i could not concentrate.
On my return home, i submitted my assignment and emailed my year head. He replied the next day stating that i cannot carry through 2 modules to 3rd year, so if i fail the exam i will most likely not be able to proceed to 3rd year. If i do pass the exam, it will have to go to the examination board as to whether i can proceed due to the last submission of my assignment. I am besides myself and so annoyed that i could loose my dream that i have waited 25 years to do, due to my dis-organisation. The worst part now is the waiting for my fate to be decided.
Anyone else been in this situation? is there anything i can do?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and help.
Original post by Sanchez24
Hi,
I am hoping someone will be able to offer me some advice, and tell me if they have been in a similar situation, and what was the outcome. OK here goes, I will explain the situation that led me to my current point, a bit long so please bear with me.
I am at the end of my 2nd year of adult nursing at Herts Uni. A few months back i had an assignment due, i handed the assignment in but forgot to hand in the 2 research papers that were supposed to go in with the assignment. If i had not forgotten the 2 papers the assignment would of been a pass. So because of this, the uni awarded me a fail. This Monday gone was the resubmit for the assignment, and would you believe, again i forgot to hand it in.
Normally i am very organised and this has never happened to me in the past, all my assignments have gone in on time.
The problem i believe is that i have suffered 5 bereavements, all in a matter of 6 weeks, back in March. Due to the demands of Uni assignments, and a 10 week elective placement, i chose to put my feeling on a back burner and plod on. Furthermore, I had a spell of ill health with kidney stones and kidney infection, which i still have now. I know wish that i had asked for compassionate leave and dealt with the bereavements and my health, then maybe i wouldn't of made such silly mistakes.
I also failed the second half a 30 credit module, which i had to resit this Monday. It was while i was waiting to go into the exam hall that a fellow student asked if i had handed in the assignment, to my horror, i realised i had not. Well this was not the best way to go into an exam, with the stress of that and a kidney infection, i think i might not of done as much as was needed to pass that exam. I spent the last hour bursting for the toilet and due to the comfortableness and stress, i could not concentrate.
On my return home, i submitted my assignment and emailed my year head. He replied the next day stating that i cannot carry through 2 modules to 3rd year, so if i fail the exam i will most likely not be able to proceed to 3rd year. If i do pass the exam, it will have to go to the examination board as to whether i can proceed due to the last submission of my assignment. I am besides myself and so annoyed that i could loose my dream that i have waited 25 years to do, due to my dis-organisation. The worst part now is the waiting for my fate to be decided.
Anyone else been in this situation? is there anything i can do?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and help.

can you try applying for extenuating circumstances? it might help with the situation especially in the exam as you sat it unwell on the day and generally ecs get cleared for berveaments. May i say you must be incredibly strong to keep going through this.

Quick Reply

Latest