The Student Room Group

Chemistry after Access to HE?

Is there anyone on here currently doing a chemistry degree following an Access course? I have an offer for biochemistry, mainly because I was too scared to apply for chemistry but I'm having second thoughts about that choice. How have you found Chemistry after Access?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by lovali
Is there anyone on here currently doing a chemistry degree following an Access course? I have an offer for biochemistry, mainly because I was too scared to apply for chemistry but I'm having second thoughts about that choice. How have you found Chemistry after Access?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what uni have you applied at??
Reply 2
Original post by SA043
what uni have you applied at??

Surrey. Since writing this post I've bitten the bullet & phoned them to switch from biochemistry to medicinal chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lovali
Surrey. Since writing this post I've bitten the bullet & phoned them to switch from biochemistry to medicinal chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you have to complete a subject specific assignment for your access course???
Reply 4
The access course I did was split into 4 subjects of 15 credits each & I selected chemistry, biology, physics & psychology. I finished with 42 distinctions & 18 merits overall. Surrey wanted 30 distinctions & 15 merits for both biochemistry & medicinal chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by lovali
The access course I did was split into 4 subjects of 15 credits each & I selected chemistry, biology, physics & psychology. I finished with 42 distinctions & 18 merits overall. Surrey wanted 30 distinctions & 15 merits for both biochemistry & medicinal chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

was your chemistry part by chance about quasicrystals???
Reply 6
No we didn't learn about that at all! We covered basic introductory chemistry, some organic, inorganic, the petrochemical industry, transition metals, among other things so a fairly broad range of topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending