The Student Room Group

Breaking News - 'Man decapitated' in French attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
France has a large problem with Islamists due to the Algerian legacy.

Not many people know about the massacre of October 1961 carried out by the Paris police:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_massacre_of_1961

There has always been huge tensions between Algeria and France ... still now. Actually the whole of Mahgreb see bad of us
Original post by VotreAltesse
Attack on a tourist hotel in Tunisia coming through ... this is building up now!

Just seen this on BBC News, we've had three major attacks in the space of an hour.....wtf is going on
Original post by Danny McCoyne
How come all the xenophobes come out straight away when one idiot does this. Weve had two incidences of white power idiots in england and america recently... One killed 9 people... One tried to behead a sikh dentist in the supermarket.Does that mean all white people are bad. No of course not.... These are extremists. The difference is,the media refuse to call white people terrorists.

Right on pal, because there is absolutely no longer term Islamic story at work here at all.
wtf now tunisia
Original post by queen-bee
Lol what? So the white man can look good whilst everyone else are seen as villains?

If you guys are incapable of being wealthy democracies and continue to have sympathies with terrorists then yes.
Apparently it's because whites people rarely commit these sorts of crimes whereas Muslims do it on a daily basis

I actually laughed out loud at this.
If Islam is a 'problem' in Europe, what do we do about it?
Yes this is what the media has conditioned us to believe

Hahahahaha, are you kidding me? There is so much pro Islamic media too, its incredible. A few years back, the media pushed the whole 'Islam is a religion of Peace' and 'Islam means peace in Arabic' mantras so hard that even Muslims now believe this.
How long until we start finding decapitated heads lying around on our streets?
Original post by Fas
Just seen this on BBC News, we've had three major attacks in the space of an hour.....wtf is going on

My brother is in Morocco at the moment, although it is at a much lower risk of terrorism, I'm a bit worried.

I don't know what's happening ... If another attack happens in Europe I'm getting my gun ready!
Original post by rockrunride
If Islam is a 'problem' in Europe, what do we do about it?

Of course it's a problem, why are you implying it's not?
Original post by Danny McCoyne
How come all the xenophobes come out straight away when one idiot does this. Weve had two incidences of white power idiots in england and america recently... One killed 9 people... One tried to behead a sikh dentist in the supermarket.Does that mean all white people are bad. No of course not.... These are extremists. The difference is,the media refuse to call white people terrorists.

And everyone condemned those white people who committed those acts. Your comparison would fit it we were doing what loads of Muslins do with Muslim terrorist attacks when they blame the west, say they're not real Muslims or claim it was actually the CIA/Mossad. Oh and then criticise the media for reporting it.

As for your point about the media refusing to call to call white people terrorists, you're a blatant liar. They called The IRA terrorists, the Oklahoma bomber a terrorist, Anders Breivik a terrorist, ETA terrorists, the Unabomber a terrorist, the abortion clinic bombers terrorists. I could go on. But the IRA thing especially proves you're full of crap.

Why do you have to lie like this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
Those attacking peoples rights to be concerned and angry at a rapidly growing threat from islamic terrorism, and their attempts to label them 'xenophobic', 'islamophobic' etc, should be held responsible when our major cities are burning and our citizens lie dead in the streets...
Original post by Smug Life
Of course it's a problem, why are you implying it's not?

I'm not. I believe it is to an extent.

Do you have an answer to my question?
Of course France is Islamophobe ... many people I know hate Muslims with a passion because of the state of cities like Marseille.

I for one don't, but I feel uneasy with Islam as a whole and how simple it is to radicalise young men and women to act with violence.

The trouble with France, and many European countries, is the level of liberalism. It gives terrorists a huge window of opportunity to escape authority and carry out attacks.

Why the state of Marseille? Drug dealing is much of the cause of the problem there?
Of course France is Islamophobe ... many people I know hate Muslims with a passion because of the state of cities like Marseille.

I for one don't, but I feel uneasy with Islam as a whole and how simple it is to radicalise young men and women to act with violence.

The trouble with France, and many European countries, is the level of liberalism. It gives terrorists a huge window of opportunity to escape authority and carry out attacks.

THIS will be the death of many European countries and in the future they will probably face many more terrorist attacks.

These countries need to become like the US to combat terrorism
Original post by jedanselemyia
Why the state of Marseille? Drug dealing is much of the cause of the problem there?

Drugs which are being imported from Mahgreb and other parts of the arab world ... that's why there's so much hatred.
Disgusting.
Original post by Kash24411
THIS will be the death of many European countries and in the future they will probably face many more terrorist attacks.

These countries need to become like the US to combat terrorism

The US is the hotspot of liberalism ... I can't imagine what we'd become if we began to work like them!
Original post by Rakas21
I agree but i fear that the west will stupidly step back from the Middle East and if that allows some nutty regime to thrive then that will lead to a dark path. I tend to downplay the possibility of big events but i don't currently see the path to peace between our peoples internationally or domestically.

Pitifully, I must agree. I do feel within the next decade or two, something will occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending