The Student Room Group

What can I do with maths, chemistry and computing?

Hi was wondering if anyone could give me any idea of what course i could do at uni with my current subjects. thanks
Reply 1
Chemistry.
Maths
Chemistry
Computer Science
Film Studies
Reply 3
Original post by brittanna
Maths
Chemistry
Computer Science
Film Studies

Not anywhere worth going.
Original post by alow
Not anywhere worth going.

What do you mean by that?
Original post by TheGiantSquid

you'll be fine with those subjects for most maths and computer science courses. ofcourse, dependent on your a level results
Reply 6
Original post by TheGiantSquid

I think you know what I mean by that.
You can do mathematics, Chemistry, compsci, IT, Business adminstration, possibly economics too.

Personally I would drop computing and take physics, take another easy A like business studies or economics to AS level then drop it.
Original post by alow
I think you know what I mean by that.

If I did, I wouldn't have asked.
Lots and lots of sensible TSR advice about choosing a subject for Uni here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Help_choosing_a_subject
Original post by hbob
Hi was wondering if anyone could give me any idea of what course i could do at uni with my current subjects. thanks

I studied Biology, Chemistry and Computing to A-level and am now at university studying Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science, so I would suggest that anything related, though not too closely related to the human body would be feasible.

Anywhere between Computer Science and Pharmacy! Quite a wide range, actually..

And ignore the comments about computer science not being worth it; my boyfriend has just started his placement (between 2nd year and final) at Jaguar/Land Rover. Do it right, and you could go far :wink:

Most importantly, analyse which aspects of each of your A-levels you enjoy the most, and research into the courses available which cover those areas.
Did you know you can do Law with any A level subjects - they just want high grades : http://www.sussex.ac.uk/law/ugstudy/2016/32958

Quick Reply

Latest