The Student Room Group

Your skin care routine?

I'm about to up my skin care routine. I've been really lazy as of late - only using a baby wipe to cleanse and very rarely moisturising. Sometimes I go to bed without taking off my make up :ashamed2: I exfoliate and use masks in the shower sometimes but I can see the effects of not keeping up with it all in my skin.

I have really a uneven skin tone, some red blotches around my nose and chin that no make up ever seems to cover up.

Any tips would be appreciated. Also I'm just curious to see what everyone else does and what products you use? :colondollar: I'm nosey.
Reply 1
Original post by SallySparrow66
I'm about to up my skin care routine. I've been really lazy as of late - only using a baby wipe to cleanse and very rarely moisturising. Sometimes I go to bed without taking off my make up :ashamed2: I exfoliate and use masks in the shower sometimes but I can see the effects of not keeping up with it all in my skin.

I have really a uneven skin tone, some red blotches around my nose and chin that no make up ever seems to cover up.

Any tips would be appreciated. Also I'm just curious to see what everyone else does and what products you use? :colondollar: I'm nosey.

Baby wipes are not designed for the face, as the name says baby wipes. Using wipes on the face move the bacteria around the face and makes it unhygienic.

You can try places like lush and body shop just pop it and im sure they will assist u
Reply 2

Well for moisturiser I use Nivea cream. It's always worked for me since I was little. For face wash I recommend freederm face wash, which is especially good if you tend to get spots a lot. Besides that freederm gel (I used to use this whenever I got a spot) is very effective so I recommend that. I really think the most important thing is to take that makeup off before you go to bed though :tongue: also I don't see why baby wipes are can be bad for the face. A lot of youtubers I watch just use baby wipes to remove makeup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
My skin is quite bad atm but it is clearing up a bit. Here's my routine:
Morning & night -
Cleanse: I use cleansing lotion as opposed to face wipes/baby wipes. Reasons include I feel it dries out my skin, isn't good for sensitive skin thus makes the problem worse and also isn't good at removing make up. Tugging also stretches skin and can lead to wrinkles in future.
Cleansing lotion I put 2 pumps and distribute it over my face, using circular motions to blend it, using cotton wool/pad soaked in lukewarm water to wipe it off and splash cold water to close the pores. Nivea have a great range of cleansing lotions.
Tone: I use any toner. Currently using an aloe vera one and what i do is soak the toner in cotton wool to dab on my face.
Moisturise: Either using aloe vera moisturiser or simple range. Love their stuff, as it helps with uneven skintone and also dries pretty quickly. The consistency is great too.
Extra night time routine: anti wrinkle cream. Even in your 20's it's good to get in the habbit!
Reply 4
Each morning I wash my face with a simple face wash to clean my skin and get rid of all the sweat and excess oil from during the night. I then moisturise with a green tea and cucumber moisturiser and I'm good for the day.
Each night I remove all of my makeup with a Muslin cloth and 100% organic coconut oil. I use this oil twice for a double cleanse. I then wash my face with same simple cleanser from the morning and use my simple toner. I then use my Nivea night moisturiser.
I use a face mask once a week and a scrub once a week also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wash ur face at least twice a day especially now during the summer time helps getting rid of all the gems..I use clinique products they r expensive to purchase but suits me since I started using them at the age of 11(also have eczema/senstive skin) ..since u got red blotches try using the clinique redness solutions cleanser and cream during the day and night after washing ur face..it works for me..also use the clinique thirst spray relief to hydrate ur skin again bear in mind these products r expensive
My skin is very acne prone, so have tried multiple products (including prescription stuff) over the years. The key is to be gentle with your skin, and be patient. After eight years of fighting the acne, I've finally found a regime that works.

Twice a week, I use Lush Mask of Magnaminty for a treatment.
Once every two or three days I use Lush Let The Good Times Roll to gently scrub.
Twice a day (or once if I'm using LTGTR) I use Lush Ultrabland. This also serves well to remove make-up and is very gentle, and I also use it to remove any left overs of MOM.
After every cleanse, I use Lush Tea Tree Water toner and the littlest dab of Lush Vanishing Cream.

(No, I'm not a Lush Sales Representative or anything- it's the only stuff that works for me! :tongue: )
Reply 7
Wash it.

With soap.

Still looking fresh. :smile:
Reply 8
Really? No one has quoted from American Psycho yet?
Original post by A5ko
Really? No one has quoted from American Psycho yet?

Haha! Only the sincere have stumbled across my humble post :colondollar:
Reply 10
Why do men not need skin routines? We all seem to have decent looking skin and do **** all.
Reply 11
Cream sometimes, water generally.

Perfect Skin (like a child) BTW.
Bath and cocoa butter. But it's really for brown skin.
Original post by luckbox
Why do men not need skin routines? We all seem to have decent looking skin and do **** all.

Speak for yourself. I have ****ty skin >.< De Acne Got Me Baaaaad
Reply 14
I just use water to wash my face.

I have used facewash a few times in the past but tbh I just prefer not to use any products.

My friends have commented that my skin is nice and its because I don't wear make up , whereas they do and their skin is spotty and not as smooth.
My friends have commented that my skin is nice and its because I don't wear make up , whereas they do and their skin is spotty and not as smooth.

Makeup only affects your skin if you don't remove it thoroughly!!! It doesn't matter whether you wear it or not,your skin is affected my the removal of the makeup not by wearing makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Night:
Wipe off makeup with facial wipe
Wash face with Clinique Blemish soap
Apply Vitamin E serum
Apply Palmers night moisturiser

Morning:
Wash face with Clinique Blemish soap
Apply No7 day cream

:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply