The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dont get me started on uphill junctions and clutch control..! I feel like im either going to roll back or jump forward into oncoming traffic!
Anyone else just find learning to drive really boring? I really hate it when I wake up and realise I have a lesson that day.
Reply 3
I remember enjoying my first few lessons then as I started learning the harder stuff, I started to make mistakes which I would dwell on and that led to me dreading my lessons. I eventually passed and I can say it was all worth it haha, of course it makes everything better if you do enjoy every lesson but once you've passed your test it doesn't really matter, so just focus on the fact that although it may seem like it, you won't be 'leaning to drive' forever :smile:
Reply 4
It took me soo long to pass, I felt awful. I kept getting nervous and crying. But now, I feel completely comfortable driving (finally!) and it's a great feeling :smile:
Reply 5
I used ro enjoy it at first but now I just feel bored with it
Reply 6
I feel really anooyed when I get the same thing wrong again and again 😕😣
I really don't know how people do one hour lesson a week, learning to drive for nearly a year. I did all my lessons (about 30 hours total) in 4 weeks and didn't get sick of it, however if I'd done those 30-odd hours spaced out over 9 months I'd have got sick to death of it I imagine.
Reply 8
I couldnt even do clutch control until 16 lesson in. Every lesson until then was dreadful alway stalling and getting honked at.
I really need this thread. I really enjoyed my first 3 maybe 4 lessons but now I do not hate them but I dread them. All week, all I can think about is my lesson. I told myself I would not cry about it but I have at multiple points throughout the week but not as much as last week. I think on the side roads I am improving but painfully slowly. But I still have a lot of steering problems - trying to stay straight in my lane. I sometimes have clutch/braking issues and I still cannot change gear smoothly. It always makes noise and especially when changing to third gear it feels like I am forcing it. Sometimes I forget things I know and panic on the main road, Today I have my seventh lesson. At first I found it so fun and enjoyable now it is just stressful. I know I have improved from the start but I feel like I am not progressing enough. My driving instrutor does shout at me when I get things wrong but she also encourages me at the end of every lesson especially when I feel disheartened. She reassures me that I can and will do it. It just might take me longer than other people and she recognises my hard work. I am trying very hard so I know it will be worth it because I am a firm believer in hard work pays off but sometimes it feels impossible and out of reach. And it is difficult to remain positive all the time. So to my fellow peers, talk to someone about it - I spoke to my mum and it helped, give yourself a pep talk - I always do and watch videos - I do this because my instructor tell me to, I do not think it is that beneficial for me personally. I will let you guys know how it goes later just know you are not in it alone. I certainly needed to know that

Latest

Trending

Trending