The Student Room Group

Dad went through my ENTIRE laptop.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Laptop stunt by your Dad out of order in my view, unless perhaps you're 12. Must say you don't sound like a conventional Muslim family. Keep your head down, love your parents, get to uni, break free...
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I guess I'm kinda hurt that he went through my personal space. But he hasnt taken my stuff away from me cause I didnt let him :P I'm not so much mad than I am frustrated to get out of this damn house.

No I mean he deleted your photos and implement of sexual gratification picture. I got caught with things in the recycle bin a few times. I now always remember to delete things twice, unless you were trying to hide it?

Yeah you have another option, you think it is better and you want to go it. If that doesn't work out for you, you can always come and live with me for a bit and get away from things.
Original post by william walker
It would be better they didn't get married in the first place and having children with each other. However if they do, they should be forced to remain together and bring up their children in a family.

Yeah I know all my friends parents were divorced. My parents are non-Conformist Protestants so don't do divorce. Anyone who gets divorced or has an affair is kicked out of their Protestant sect. My family is more secure than anyone else's because of it.

Well then xD You cant exactly go back in time and change what has happened.
It was a joke :P I had to save the picture to send it to someone as a JOKE. Then I deleted it. Empty your recycling bins kids :L

Yeah I am angry and I am trying to cool off but I still want to move.

Hahahahaha I feel ya, once my friend sent me a picture of a massive pink dildo saying 'I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed.' and my dad saw me looking at it on my phone. Was the most awkward five minutes of my life :smile:))) And in that case maybe you should just be as calm as possible and tell him you understand how he feels and you still love him and care about him but just need a bit of space for a while, even if it's not necessarily true that you understand him and everything, just say whatever he wants to hear. What ethnicity are u btw?
Reply 24
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
No parents want the best for themselves.

No, parents want the best for themselves.

The difference a , can make :wink:
Original post by Reue
No, parents want the best for themselves.

The difference a , can make :wink:

Smh... thanks, will edit now
Well then xD You cant exactly go back in time and change what has happened.

No but you can force people to live with the consequences of their past actions.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
No parents want the best for themselves.

In this case it's a daughter who does medicine so he can brag about her and marry her off to some rich guy from Saudi Arabia most likely

Dont judge what you dont know. I wanted to become a doctor, he doesnt mind what I want to do as long as I am studying hard for it and I'm gonna be successful cause he knows how hard it is to get jobs etc these days. But yeah he does brag about it but cause he's proud of me... well was lmao

and erm yeah we're not like that. He wants me to earn my own money. He always tells me stories of how women dont get an education and marry a rich man and then the man ends up dumping the girl and shes left with like 3 kids struggling.
Original post by Reue
Wait until I was 18 and then move out.

And moving where? How do you pay for food, transport and accommodation? Your advice is not realistic, Lord Mod.
Reply 29
Original post by Juichiro
And moving where? How do you pay for food, transport and accommodation? Your advice is not realistic, Lord Mod.

At 18 the assumption would be that you leave for university.

Failing that; 1 month worth of full time employment would provide more than enough for a rental deposit, transport and food.

I moved out at 18.. as do countless others.. which part is not realistic?
Original post by Qaiys
Muslims can marry Jews since they're considered 'people of the book'. js.

Why did you have a dildo pic??? XD XD XD But yeah I feel bad for you :c just give things some time to cool off, your bound to feel angry and stuff no matter who's fault it is.

Erm only Muslim can marry jews not Muslim women that's Haram Aslo BFs GFs also haram
Original post by Zarek
Laptop stunt by your Dad out of order in my view, unless perhaps you're 12. Must say you don't sound like a conventional Muslim family. Keep your head down, love your parents, get to uni, break free...

Naah, I'm 17. And he said he looked through my laptop to "see why I wasnt getting A's or at least B's" but yeah out of order :L Conventional? Erm yeah we're not THAT religious but like my dad holds a lot of ethics/morals.

I cant keep my head down, its so ****ing frustrating which is probably why I freaked out in the first place. I need to escape now hence going to mommies.
If I was in that situation there's only one thing I would do.... RUN!!!
Original post by william walker
No I mean he deleted your photos and implement of sexual gratification picture. I got caught with things in the recycle bin a few times. I now always remember to delete things twice, unless you were trying to hide it?

Yeah you have another option, you think it is better and you want to go it. If that doesn't work out for you, you can always come and live with me for a bit and get away from things.

Of course I was trying to hide it, who wouldnt? *face palm*

Yeh I'm glad I have another option but its just I got frustrated with my mum a year ago and left to live with my dad and now im going back to my mum. Hopefully I wont get frustrated with her again O.O

Live with you? haaha sure xD
Erm only Muslim can marry jews not Muslim women that's Haram Aslo BFs GFs also haram

Still better ahl al kitab than kafir >.>
Original post by Qaiys
Hahahahaha I feel ya, once my friend sent me a picture of a massive pink dildo saying 'I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed.' and my dad saw me looking at it on my phone. Was the most awkward five minutes of my life :smile:))) And in that case maybe you should just be as calm as possible and tell him you understand how he feels and you still love him and care about him but just need a bit of space for a while, even if it's not necessarily true that you understand him and everything, just say whatever he wants to hear. What ethnicity are u btw?

Hahahhaaha monster under my bed xD

Yeah I will do that thanks :smile:

and I'm Arab.
Original post by StressedGuy
If I was in that situation there's only one thing I would do.... RUN!!!

Hahahaa I would have run but my dad is a teddy bear. I guess I am kinda running by moving out though...
Original post by anonymous
hahahhaaha monster under my bed xd

yeah i will do that thanks :smile:

and i'm arab.

saame yay
Original post by Reue
1.At 18 the assumption would be that you leave for university.

2. Failing that; 1 month worth of full time employment would provide more than enough for a rental deposit, transport and food.

3.I moved out at 18.. as do countless others.. which part is not realistic?

1. Is it? Pretty sure the vast majority does not go at 18. I think the highest (in 2013) was 36-49%. A far cry from the vast majority and if it does not apply to most people, it is bad advice imo. So again, where does one move after moving out at 18?

2. See point 1. Oh, but one needs somewhere to live or do you think she could get a job offer being a homeless young person. Idealistically and assuming one gets a job offer the same day one moves out, if one gets that job and works for a month, what does one eat for that month?

3. How many of you that move out had money in your account or/and somewhere free/affordable to live and how many went straight into homelessness? Plus we know that from the Homeless charity that over half of homeless youth are not in employment or education. So your "countless cases" do not add up at a large scale.
Original post by SotonianOne
call him an infidel and give him an invitation to join ISIS.

nothing wrong here, just a moderate muslim.

lol. the ignorance. or trolling. cant tell tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending