The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Corpus Christi College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Hey folks,

as the title says, post here if you are a current/prospective/start-next-year student, or you just have questions/remarks in some way vaguly related. hopefully this will become the official corpus thread!

i've also got a question: are the famed tortoise races indeed factual events or is this mearly a glorious myth?

Scroll to see replies

Deary me, I would have thought that if you could get into Oxford, you could also find the specific board full of colleges at the top of the page. Standards must be dropping.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
sophisti_kate
Deary me, I would have thought that if you could get into Oxford, you could also find the specific board full of colleges at the top of the page. Standards must be dropping.

Actually he has to start a thread in this forum so a mod can move it into the afforementioned specific board
Reply 3
Beenybabe
Actually he has to start a thread in this forum so a mod can move it into the afforementioned specific board

thankyou! i feel quite offended buy the implication that i wouldn't notice the otehr 'box at the top of the page' (thought to be honest i wouldn't put it past me!) and indeed i did look and there is no otherway to do this.

and to clarify, i'm female!
Ahh. Sorry.
Reply 5
Kate, if you insist on bitching about the quality of the new tsrians, at least have a valid point to make. Otherwise you just look like an arse.
Reply 6
wahoo, we got moved! Ta
Reply 7
lol, this seems to have been totally pointless....
Reply 8
as you look a little lonely i'll say hi - i visited corpus christi on an open day, fraid to say i didn't go in any further than the JCR, but your college is right next door to christ church and i must say that the undergrad i met randomly in the must i say tiny jcr was really helpful and friendly
Reply 9
Beenybabe
as you look a little lonely i'll say hi - i visited corpus christi on an open day, fraid to say i didn't go in any further than the JCR, but your college is right next door to christ church and i must say that the undergrad i met randomly in the must i say tiny jcr was really helpful and friendly

aw thankyou dear!
Reply 10
i wondered why you called me dear and then i saw you're from sheffield, it makes me feel like im visiting my grandparents, in a good way (my parents are both yorkshire born and bred)
Reply 11
Beenybabe
i wondered why you called me dear and then i saw you're from sheffield, it makes me feel like im visiting my grandparents, in a good way (my parents are both yorkshire born and bred)

lol yeah, i need to watch that, some people find it offensive! :s-smilie:
Reply 12
yes the further south you go the more offensive it seems to be - i can just about get away with it jokily when im having a "yorkshire" day but people that are unaware of my tendancy to randomly speak yorkshire get rather offended by such things
Reply 13
Ooh - I went to Corpus on the open day, and I was shown round by a very very scarily enthusiastic biochemist, who kept on telling us why we should take biochemistry, even though none of us were remotely interested. A friend of mine is going there for Maths in October though - he originally applied to Worcester, but got reallocated before interview because Worcester were soo oversubscribed, and consequently got offered a place at CCC - and you'll be right next to me at Merton! I liked Corpus, but it was perhaps a little too small for me! :smile:
Reply 14
henryt
Ooh - I went to Corpus on the open day, and I was shown round by a very very scarily enthusiastic biochemist, who kept on telling us why we should take biochemistry, even though none of us were remotely interested. A friend of mine is going there for Maths in October though - he originally applied to Worcester, but got reallocated before interview because Worcester were soo oversubscribed, and consequently got offered a place at CCC - and you'll be right next to me at Merton! I liked Corpus, but it was perhaps a little too small for me! :smile:

ahh, but you see, I like the smallness! merton has beautiful grounds, i hope you enjoy it there.
If you see a rather lost bedraggled and looking person with a total of three bags/rucksacs about her person that look as though they've been dragged through a hedge backwards, and holding several books, a folder and map that she keeps dropping (probably into the nearest puddle) that'll be me!
What was your friend like? i met quite a few mathamatitians...
Reply 15
bronsonbear
ahh, but you see, I like the smallness! merton has beautiful grounds, i hope you enjoy it there.
If you see a rather lost bedraggled and looking person with a total of three bags/rucksacs about her person that look as though they've been dragged through a hedge backwards, and holding several books, a folder and map that she keeps dropping (probably into the nearest puddle) that'll be me!
What was your friend like? i met quite a few mathamatitians...

I could easily fit that description - my hair is always a mess and I'm always dropping stuff! My mathmo friend - his name's Misha - sort of quirky, but good fun nevertheless. Curly hair, reasonably tall...
Reply 16
henryt
I could easily fit that description - my hair is always a mess and I'm always dropping stuff! My mathmo friend - his name's Misha - sort of quirky, but good fun nevertheless. Curly hair, reasonably tall...

Misha... not a commen name, shoudl eb easy to recognise him. lol, i can see how that conversation is going to go:

me: hi, i juts heard someone call you misha, i know who you are!
misha: um, how?
me: someone told me about you on this forum, well, i don't know who they were exactly, i think they're next door...
misha: *looks alarmed and backs away*
Reply 17
bronsonbear
Misha... not a commen name, shoudl eb easy to recognise him. lol, i can see how that conversation is going to go:

me: hi, i juts heard someone call you misha, i know who you are!
misha: um, how?
me: someone told me about you on this forum, well, i don't know who they were exactly, i think they're next door...
misha: *looks alarmed and backs away*

Just say "Henry from Merton" and it might not be quite so traumatic!! :p:
Sweetness.. another mathmo. I'm in my first year doing Maths at Corpus so if you're a prospective mathmo you can ask as specific question as you like; otherwise, I'm afraid my answers will be limited.

---

History/Physics/Biochem student: How would the 1847 British Parliament reforms affect the molecular-biochemolinololosphere of a neutrino moving at the speed of Chuck Norris?
Me: Loolz!

---
Reply 19
Beenybabe

I say, you used say quite a lot in that sentence. Care to say why? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest