The Student Room Group

Once a cheat...?

My girlfriend just told me that she went home with another guy to his house party and ended up in his room, watching a movie and cuddling. She assured me that nothing happened and that he was a friend, but she had known this guy for just a week prior. I also know that he had told her she was hot. Is it realistic to think she ended up in bed with this guy without anything happening?

I would be inclined to trust her but she cheated on her ex, sleeping with a guy twice at a festival. She told me about this early on the relationship, saying that she "didn't really feel guilty" because she wasn't in love with her bf any more (he had gone away for 3 months over the summer holidays which they had planned to spend together after being in an LDR, seeing each other infrequently).

She also told me that she was "terrified of messing up" and "always self sabotages good things".

Does this sound like the kind of person I should want to be with?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alextay28

no
It does not sound like an ideal situation, however just sit down with her privately and ask her to tell you the truth and tell her that if she did anything you won't be mad. the relationship is based on trust and we can all understand where your insecurities lie. Just ask for the truth and if she tells you she didn't, you'll just have to trust her on it.
She cuddled with another guy? Unless he was gay I would be very worried, and would probably dump her...
My girlfriend just told me that she went home with another guy to his house party and ended up in his room, watching a movie and cuddling. She assured me that nothing happened and that he was a friend, but she had known this guy for just a week prior. I also know that he had told her she was hot. Is it realistic to think she ended up in bed with this guy without anything happening?

I would be inclined to trust her but she cheated on her ex, sleeping with a guy twice at a festival. She told me about this early on the relationship, saying that she "didn't really feel guilty" because she wasn't in love with her bf any more (he had gone away for 3 months over the summer holidays which they had planned to spend together after being in an LDR, seeing each other infrequently).

She also told me that she was "terrified of messing up" and "always self sabotages good things".

Nah mate. Total red flag for me. The fact she only has known him a week and went back to his place to 'cuddle'. I wouldn't believe it. Even cuddling if that is all is bad enough, didn't she even consider your feelings?
If my girlfriend did it she'd be out the door.
You have to decide for yourself. Don't let me sway you either way, but I think he used her body for more than just cuddling. And she has a history of this type of behaviour. I'd be suspicious of her from now on, she no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
She cuddled with another guy? Unless he was gay I would be very worried, and would probably dump her...

what if he was transgender

If she can cheat on here last boyfriend, she can cheat on you. It's very rare that cheats change their ways. Just be cautious, if you stay with her.
Reply 8
Once a cheat always a cheat. But hey, nobody can tell you what to do. Only you can make the decision of either staying with her and having trust issues, or you can leave her and find someone better. There is always someone better out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending