The Student Room Group

GCSE Examinations 2015 - AQA, OCR, Edexcel and WJEC; grade boundaries and results.

Dear all,

I have created this thread to gain a general gist of how the results will bear up, how high you think the Grade Boundaries will be, if any of the exams were difficult or if you found some easier than expected.

Also, I have a couple of questions for my exams, and hopefully, you will be able to answer them.

The exams which I took and the examination boards that they were taken with are as follows - please could you comment on what I have asked for - it would be much appreciated.

English Language - WJEC - do you think the Grade Boundaries will be high this year? What would you say you need on each paper for an A?

IGCSE English Literature - AQA - Overall feelings of the exam paper? How do you think the Grade Boundaries will be?

Edexcel Maths - Opinions on the Grade Boundaries? On both papers, what will we be looking at for a C?

Science Core - OCR Gateway - B1, C1, P1 & B2, C2, P2 - I am predicting a C and a D with an A* Controlled Assessment (42/48) - what do you think my overall grade will be? What do you think that my overall grade would be with two D's?

Science Additional - OCR Gateway - B3, C3, P3 & B4, C4, P4 - I am predicting a C and a B with an A Controlled Assessment (40/80) - what do you think that my Overall Grade will be? What do you think it would be with a C and a D?

History - AQA - Option B - what do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A*? If I got an A* Controlled Assessment, an A* on Paper 1 and an A on Paper 2, what would my overall grade be? - Also, what were your overall feelings for the exam?

Geography - AQA - Specification A - If I got a C on Paper 1, an A on Paper 2 and a B Controlled Assessment, what is my overall grade likely to be? Also, how did you find the exam?

Spanish - AQA - For my Controlled Assessments, I got - Speaking: 25/30 - A & 25/30 - A; writing: 30/30 - A* & 29/30 - A*. In my opinion, the listening exam was quite difficult, I am predicting a low A for the listening (around 28/40) and an A* for the reading (42/45) - what do you think my overall grade will be?

ICT - Edexcel - this is probably my worst subject, I don't know what I got for my Controlled Assessment, however, I am hoping that it is a relatively high mark. What were your opinions for this exam?

If you could answer ANY of these questions for me then it would be very much appreciated; thank you very, very much!

Kind Regards.

Quick Reply

Latest