The Student Room Group

Why cant anyone see my hurt?

I'm hurting a lot but no one ever sees it. No one ever takes me seriously and everyone thinks I have no problems and that I'm just this happy hyper person so when I'll say something that is negative, I just feel like I'm complaining and nobody cares.

I can ALWAYS see when my friends are hurting, and I normally get it out them of them as well and listen to their problems. They can also see when each other are hurting. And the thing is (how selfish it might sound) my problems are WAY worse that theirs so why can I see them hurting but they cant see me?

Is it cause I hide it really well? Is it cause no one takes me seriously? I feel like I have no one to talk to cause no one takes me seriously and no one can see me actually "hurting" so its just "complaining". I dont even know if this makes sense but yeah...
If you show yourself as a "happy go lucky" person and you have a problem, sometimes you may have difficulty asking those around you to help you with your problems.

If they are helping other people and not you, have you actually reached out to talk to one of them?
Like going "Hey -----, can I talk for a minute, I've not been feeling myself lately." If you ask at a free time they are most likely to go talk to you and if you can tell them what is wrong then they will be able to help you out.

If you act happy all the time people will assume that you want to deal with your own problems, "They are smiling even after all that happened to them, I look up to them because I could never smile after that." Rather than them helping you because you are sad.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Arkarian
If you show yourself as a "happy go lucky" person and you have a problem, sometimes you may have difficulty asking those around you to help you with your problems.

If they are helping other people and not you, have you actually reached out to talk to one of them?
Like going "Hey -----, can I talk for a minute, I've not been feeling myself lately." If you ask at a free time they are most likely to go talk to you and if you can tell them what is wrong then they will be able to help you out.

If you act happy all the time people will assume that you want to deal with your own problems, "They are smiling even after all that happened to them, I look up to them because I could never smile after that." Rather than them helping you because you are sad.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :smile:

I dont know if I "reach out", I would feel like THEY think I just want attention and it feels uncomfortable complaining to someone who doesn't even care. Maybe I like not sharing my problems with people... makes things way easier as they wont judge me so hard. I always have a hard time talking about my problems cause I feel selfish and I dont know where to start, If even if I get to the "I have a problem" stage, I will cover it up with something silly like "Oh I just didnt have enough sleep and I have a headache, do you have ibu profen"

Original post by Anonymous
I dont know if I "reach out", I would feel like THEY think I just want attention and it feels uncomfortable complaining to someone who doesn't even care. Maybe I like not sharing my problems with people... makes things way easier as they wont judge me so hard. I always have a hard time talking about my problems cause I feel selfish and I dont know where to start, If even if I get to the "I have a problem" stage, I will cover it up with something silly like "Oh I just didnt have enough sleep and I have a headache, do you have ibu profen"

No problem, but it does seem they won't help because you won't let them. If you tell them that it is nothing then they won't continue to ask if anything is wrong. Don't feel afraid to sometimes ask for help.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
I'm hurting a lot but no one ever sees it. No one ever takes me seriously and everyone thinks I have no problems and that I'm just this happy hyper person so when I'll say something that is negative, I just feel like I'm complaining and nobody cares.

I can ALWAYS see when my friends are hurting, and I normally get it out them of them as well and listen to their problems. They can also see when each other are hurting. And the thing is (how selfish it might sound) my problems are WAY worse that theirs so why can I see them hurting but they cant see me?

Is it cause I hide it really well? Is it cause no one takes me seriously? I feel like I have no one to talk to cause no one takes me seriously and no one can see me actually "hurting" so its just "complaining". I dont even know if this makes sense but yeah...

it does make sense, I know many ppl out there who look so happy but still have problems talk to ur parents about it the more u keep it inside the more u won't open up about it

Quick Reply

Latest