The Student Room Group

If you were an employer, would you hire someone with tattoos?

Scroll to see replies

Do you have a good CV?

Are you qualified and have enough experience to do the job at hand?

What makes you better than the over 124 applicants I've gone through today? Give examples.

Ooh nice tattoo, it's not anything offensive is it?

I'd happily hire someone who wears tattoos. If you can grow the business, why should I care what you do with your physical appearance?

It really doesn't matter to me. It only becomes an issue if its a client facing role, and your breath stinks, you look like you haven't washed in weeks and you've got an offensive tattoo....
Original post by CatCatherine
I would because I don't believe that physical appearance has anything to do with how well a person can do their job.

How about you?

Yeah, I would employ them on their ability to do the job. If they had a penis protruding from their forehead I may chicken out though.
Nothing above the neckline, on hands or below the knees. Otherwise I don't care.

Though if I find something particularly offensive it would also be a no.
The person can have a tattoo anywhere as long as it isn't visible to customers - so if they wore a half shirt, nothing on their hands/arms/neck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm not bothered.
Yes, I would. My employer does, and they're actually really good workers. I think that someone with a really unusual tattoo like, say, a facial one would look odd, but, and I'm maybe stereotyping here, I don't think such a person would likely be interested in the type of work anyway.
Depends on the job. If they're just going to be stacking boxes in a warehouse, sure. On the other hand, if they're going to be interacting with paying clients, no, because some clients are going to feel put off.
Reply 47
I would because I don't believe that physical appearance has anything to do with how well a person can do their job.

How about you?

Depends on the Job and where the tattoos are. If they are on the face then I wouldn't give them a job anywhere

How about you?

Providing the tattoos weren't tasteless or offensive, then I'd have absolutely no problem hiring someone that is inked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending