The Student Room Group

A-Level Dilemma

Hi guys,
I'm wondering whether I should pick Government and Politics, Spanish or Psychology? Which one would u pick?
Original post by studentjjs
Hi guys,
I'm wondering whether I should pick Government and Politics, Spanish or Psychology? Which one would u pick?

Well I don't know much about the other two but I highly recommend Psychology. It is very interesting as you learn about behaviour which is useful whichever career path you choose. It is also valued by unis as it is technically a science (we had a half hour lecture on why Psychology is a science, lol) I have studied it for the past 2 years (had to retake so different exam boards) and am planning on doing it at uni.
Reply 2
Psychology is an extremely interesting subject. You cover lots of different areas of human behaviour and reasons why we act as we do, and experiments which people have done to investigate this.

A foreign language A-level always looks very impressive to universities and is also good fun to do especially if you get to go on a language trip or anything.

I don't know anything about Government and Politics so I won't comment on that.
I almost didn't do Government and Politics but I'm so happy that I did - it's really interesting and it helps you understand what is going on in the news every day. I would definitely recommend it!
Only if youre competent at it but Spanish would be a no brainer. It would be considerably harder than the other options youve listed but it is more highly rated and a 2 language is increasingly important in our globalised world. Just look at what youre good it and if youre as good in all the subjects, go for spanish
Reply 5
Original post by studentjjs
Hi guys,

Depends greatly on what other subjects you are doing and what uni course/career you want. Spanish is a facilitating subject in uni where as the others are not, they are seen as softer subjects both by unis and employers. Also depends how capable you are at spanish.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest