The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bigsmoke
Sounds good - I'll be commuting more than likely as I do not want to move out from home - it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run!

Same here!
I might be applying for mental health nursing. My interest is in paediatric mental health and I'd be interested to go into HV afterwards so I'm unsure about MH or child....
Will be applying to LSBU, City, Greenwich and Kingston. Would love to apply to Kings but I don't have an science a levels!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
hey guys,

I will be applying to Anglia Ruskin and Northampton...currently working on my personal statement.
I've applied to Wolverhampton, BCU, Staffordshire and Keele.
Hoping to start in Jan at BCU though cause I don't wanna wait till September! Ahh
Has anyone applied for next September yet and when did you reply and have you had any offers / Interviews? I've applied for both Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield for mental health nursing.
Reply 25
Applying for Dundee, Robert Gordon, sterling and LJM ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KristieNCarr
Has anyone applied for next September yet and when did you reply and have you had any offers / Interviews? I've applied for both Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield for mental health nursing.

I sent my application on the 7th of October and I have interviews at bcu and wolves uni both in November. Wolves is for September start and bcu for Jan xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
Applying for Dundee, Robert Gordon, sterling and LJM ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for dundee, robert gordon and stirling as well! Good luck, i've also applied for West of Scotland and Edinburgh napier... (i don't even live in Scotland ahahha) oops? Have you heard anything from them three yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by CaitlinN15
I've applied for dundee, robert gordon and stirling as well! Good luck, i've also applied for West of Scotland and Edinburgh napier... (i don't even live in Scotland ahahha) oops? Have you heard anything from them three yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't live in Scotland either! Lol, I'm not sure how it works where you're from but here they won't fund 4 year courses, and some in Scotland are 4, so make sure you know!
No, I'm sending it off this week, but hopefully not too long because interviews will be a pain to travel too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I don't live in Scotland either! Lol, I'm not sure how it works where you're from but here they won't fund 4 year courses, and some in Scotland are 4, so make sure you know!
No, I'm sending it off this week, but hopefully not too long because interviews will be a pain to travel too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from England and the NHS can fund for all 4 years (although all mine are 3) but I'd get less money for the 4th one as it's less time but not that much of a problem to be honest. And ah good luck for your application then, all mine universities are considering it now and I'm constantly checking track ahaha oops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I'm from England and the NHS can fund for all 4 years (although all mine are 3) but I'd get less money for the 4th one as it's less time but not that much of a problem to be honest. And ah good luck for your application then, all mine universities are considering it now and I'm constantly checking track ahaha oops.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I'm in channel isles, so nhs won't fund! Means Scotland is a bit of a strange one. Waiting for my referee is killing me! But I work for mind and the manager is doing it, which I'm hoping will look awesome!
Let me know how long unis take to get back to you? Would be good to know x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I know it's all about applications at the moment! But is anyone else applying with a mental illness? I don't know how common it is, but means I'm even more nervous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for autumn '16 entry
currently studying A2 sociology and 90 credit B-tech Diploma in Health and social care (already hold A2 Geology)

Yet to send off my UCAS as waiting on references and still working on my PS..ideally want it all to be sent off by mid November!
So far i've listed Hull and Salford as my choices and i'm still deciding on the other 3 :s
Original post by Swagio
I know it's all about applications at the moment! But is anyone else applying with a mental illness? I don't know how common it is, but means I'm even more nervous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's fairly common but most don't talk about it in their PS and leave it till the interview if asked (thats what i've heard/think anyway, not sure if it's 100% true though)

personally I'm in the final stages of recovery of mine and i think it takes one to have been through the whole experience to really understand it...only so much you can learn from a book or placement!
But best of luck with your application though :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Shadowsfear
I think it's fairly common but most don't talk about it in their PS and leave it till the interview if asked (thats what i've heard/think anyway, not sure if it's 100% true though)

personally I'm in the final stages of recovery of mine and i think it takes one to have been through the whole experience to really understand it...only so much you can learn from a book or placement!
But best of luck with your application though :smile:

Yeah I decided not to talk about it in my ps, although I did say about having a parent with a mental illness.
Very true, why I want to do it! But sadly I know there's a level of stigma attached to illness even within health care, which makes it that bit more nerving I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I do have a mental illness however I also have a long term physical condition but that took priority on my ucas form as I couldn't add them both on the form :dontknow: so I didn't mention it, I'm nervous too incase I get asked but I'll just be honest I guess.. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Hi I do have a mental illness however I also have a long term physical condition but that took priority on my ucas form as I couldn't add them both on the form :dontknow: so I didn't mention it, I'm nervous too incase I get asked but I'll just be honest I guess.. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, with occupational health at work my epilepsy has been far more difficult! Call remember which I added on my ucas, but from going to uni before they don't really take note of it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to Northumbria for Sept 2016?
Has anyone had any Mental Health Nursing interviews / offers yet?

I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, University of Leeds and Huddersfield but not heard from any and its been 3 weeks...

Thanks! :smile:
As I haven't heard from any of my choices and it has been 3 weeks since I applied I emailed all of my choices earlier to ask if they have received my application...

I've just received an email from Uni of Leeds stating they have received my application and will be inviting me to interview when they have arranged dates (likely to be the end of November)!

So it may be worth emailing each of your choices and just asking if they have received your application and when you can expect to receive a reply as it worked for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending