The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by KristieNCarr
As I haven't heard from any of my choices and it has been 3 weeks since I applied I emailed all of my choices earlier to ask if they have received my application...

I've just received an email from Uni of Leeds stating they have received my application and will be inviting me to interview when they have arranged dates (likely to be the end of November)!

So it may be worth emailing each of your choices and just asking if they have received your application and when you can expect to receive a reply as it worked for me :smile:

Uni of Leeds is my first option! I emailed them today, hopefully they'll get back to me soon!
Reply 41
Original post by Rabia25
Uni of Leeds is my first option! I emailed them today, hopefully they'll get back to me soon!

Uni of Leeds will be my first choice if they offer me a place too!

I've applied for Leeds, York, Nottingham, Southampton and Coventry. I received a bunch of emails yesterday acknowledging my application at Leeds, Southampton and York. Good luck everyone!✨
Reply 42
Original post by jnenp
Uni of Leeds will be my first choice if they offer me a place too!

I've applied for Leeds, York, Nottingham, Southampton and Coventry. I received a bunch of emails yesterday acknowledging my application at Leeds, Southampton and York. Good luck everyone!✨

Good luck to you too 💕
Just sent my UCAS off today :smile:
applied for:
Hull, Salford,UCLAN,Teeside and Cumbria (Lancaster campus)

now just the nerve racking wait for responses!
Good luck to those also waiting or off to interviews :biggrin:

x
I've got an interview at Leeds Beckett 13th November, Huddersfield 14th December and awaiting a date from Leeds.

Anyone going to any of these dates?
Hi there!

I've applied for:
Cardiff university
Liverpool JM university
Plymouth
Bedfordshire
Kingston

I'm currently studying a H&SC course after completing my first year of sports. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I've got an interview at Leeds Beckett 13th November, Huddersfield 14th December and awaiting a date from Leeds.

Anyone going to any of these dates?

Hi, I just wanted to know what kind of experience you have
I've worked in health and social care for four years, 3 as a support worker in mental health and I'm currently an OTA
Reply 48
Original post by shotsboy123
Hi there!

I've applied for:
Cardiff university
Liverpool JM university
Plymouth
Bedfordshire
Kingston

I'm currently studying a H&SC course after completing my first year of sports. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

LJMU get back really quick x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Hey, has anyone heard from Leeds? I got an invite to the selection day on the 27th November? Is anyone else going?
I'm going 27th November too! The maths test without a calculator scared me a bit!
Reply 51
Original post by Rabia25
Hey, has anyone heard from Leeds? I got an invite to the selection day on the 27th November? Is anyone else going?

I'm going! Got the email today.

I'm also going to Southampton uni's selection event this Friday (the 13th) is anyone else going to Southampton then?
Reply 52
Original post by jnenp
I'm going! Got the email today.

I'm also going to Southampton uni's selection event this Friday (the 13th) is anyone else going to Southampton then?

See you there! 😊
Reply 53
I'm going 27th November too! The maths test without a calculator scared me a bit!

Don't worry! They have a practice paper full of examples on their website and that doesn't look too hard! Do you think they'll be conducting interviews on the same day?
Ah, I didn't find that where id it's? I believe they are doing interviews same day.
Reply 55
Ah, I didn't find that where id it's? I believe they are doing interviews same day.

Here you go, hope this helps 😊 https://library.leeds.ac.uk/download/54/maths_for_nurses_essential_numeracy
Reply 56
Leeds people (@Rabia25 and @KristieNCarr) who are you guys going to get to be your 'character reference'? I'm thinking I'll just get my mum but don't know if that's acceptable???
Original post by jnenp
Leeds people (@Rabia25 and @KristieNCarr) who are you guys going to get to be your 'character reference'? I'm thinking I'll just get my mum but don't know if that's acceptable???

I wouldn't advise your mum personally. I'm using my current employer as I've been out of education for 6 years now. I would use an employer / someone who you have volunteered for, are you part of any groups, have any hobbies things like that?
Reply 58
I wouldn't advise your mum personally. I'm using my current employer as I've been out of education for 6 years now. I would use an employer / someone who you have volunteered for, are you part of any groups, have any hobbies things like that?

I have volunteered with Mind so I could ask my project worker - thank you! I can't believe I didn't even think of that haha
Original post by jnenp
I have volunteered with Mind so I could ask my project worker - thank you! I can't believe I didn't even think of that haha

Go with that, its a good choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending