The Student Room Group

Women's football!

So. I am involved with the football team in my A level year (I help manage it etc.) and the women's football team want to play against the men's this is ridiculous. Women's football is awful truly awful. When I told the guys, they quite rightly spat out their water with laughter. How, do I tell the women's football team that they do no have the ability for it to be worth the men's football teams time in playing against them?
Original post by Lister1
So. I am involved with the football team in my A level year (I help manage it etc.) and the women's football team want to play against the men's this is ridiculous. Women's football is awful truly awful. When I told the guys, they quite rightly spat out their water with laughter. How, do I tell the women's football team that they do no have the ability for it to be worth the men's football teams time in playing against them?

Not sure if troll or just really doesn't understand how much of a dick he sounds...
Yeah.. This is one of those areas where people need to stop blowing the equality trumpet and just realise how embarassing it would actually be. Especially by the time people are doing A levels (17/18 year olds) the difference in development in both size/skill and not crying every time you concede a goal will make the game awful.
Maybe suggest they play against the D team? Failing that, I don't know how big your school is but maybe you could field a team of 11 lads with severe disabilities? Even it up a little.
Reply 4
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Not sure if troll or just really doesn't understand how much of a dick he sounds...

Women's football is a joke. Inferior athleticism and tampons falling out everywhere. I am going to tell the women's team to leave the men's football team alone and if they continue bothering them, then I will report all the silly girls.
Reply 5
Original post by Huskaris
Maybe suggest they play against the D team? Failing that, I don't know how big your school is but maybe you could field a team of 11 lads with severe disabilities? Even it up a little.

The women's team is really crap though. So they probably could not even beat a bunch of cripples. They should be cheerleaders instead of football players. Thank you for your advice though! I will think it over.
Nice, actually lolled at the first sentence. Keep up the good trolling sir.
Reply 7
In Yr11, our girl's hockey team, who had won a few trophies over the years, challenged the guys to a game.

We didn't have a boy's hockey team and didn't cover the sport during PE.

Inevitably, we won 5-0.

I have nothing to add. Just that.
Yeah I understand where all this is coming from but you realize sport is separated for a reason? Womens tennis and football is not mixed with men because we have different body structures and hormones that historically we would utilize to catch food and stuff. So of course we are better at sport, we have had an extra few thousand years of natural selection to make us better at it.
Reply 9
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Womens tennis is not mixed with men because we have different body structures and hormones that historically we would utilize to catch food and stuff

Except for mixed doubles...

Quick Reply

Latest