The Student Room Group

Next store Job Induction Day

Hi, I recently applied for a job at Next. They got back to me a few days later, saying I got shortlisted. Shortly after, I got called for a phone interview.
I just got called saying that my induction day is next week.
What happens?
What should I expect?
What should I wear?
Does this mean I've got the job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Teestewart
Hi, I recently applied for a job at Next. They got back to me a few days later, saying I got shortlisted. Shortly after, I got called for a phone interview.
I just got called saying that my induction day is next week.
What happens?
What should I expect?
What should I wear?
Does this mean I've got the job?

Yeah you'll have got the job if you're going for an induction, is it a temp job?
On your induction you go through health & safety videos, sign your contract, ask any questions you have, register your payroll number in store, you also go through sales videos about the sale itself (if you're a temp) if you're permanent then you go through ice-breakers with the other people in the group also.
Wear something you'd be happy going to work in, maybe trousers/a skirt and a blouse/shirt
Reply 2
Original post by Amyliz97
Yeah you'll have got the job if you're going for an induction, is it a temp job?
On your induction you go through health & safety videos, sign your contract, ask any questions you have, register your payroll number in store, you also go through sales videos about the sale itself (if you're a temp) if you're permanent then you go through ice-breakers with the other people in the group also.
Wear something you'd be happy going to work in, maybe trousers/a skirt and a blouse/shirt

Okay thanks! I applied online, and it didn't say anything about temporary, so I assume it is permanent. In the interview they asked for my availability, and I said full time during the summer and around college once college starts in September.
Do you know how much they pay hourly, for a 16 year old?
Reply 3
Okay thanks! I applied online, and it didn't say anything about temporary, so I assume it is permanent. In the interview they asked for my availability, and I said full time during the summer and around college once college starts in September.
Do you know how much they pay hourly, for a 16 year old?

Yeah, you'll be on the same pay as me, it's £5.55 am hour but you get more money from bonuses etc
Reply 4
Yeah, you'll be on the same pay as me, it's £5.55 am hour but you get more money from bonuses etc

Sounds good!
I have just realised that in the job description it says "HELPERS NEEDED FOR THE NEXT SUMMER SALE Are you looking for 1 day or up to 3 weeks work in July?Are you friendly, approachable and love helping others?Are you happy to get stuck into all sorts of jobs around the store, keeping busy at all times?If your answer to all the above is a big, bold ‘YES’… our team would love you to be part of the buzz at the fantastically hectic summer sale. To help us maintain our amazing levels of customer service during these crazy days, every year we draft in an army of helpers typically for 1 or 2 days but this could be longer for some stores. Our helpers will be dropped right in the middle of the action, so we’ll need you to bring enthusiasm, pace and a big smile, making our customers your number one priority. As well as some lovely, extra cash, you’ll get fantastic retail experience, a foot in the door with Next, a respected name to spice up your CV, and first dibs on any sale stock.".
Does this mean I'll only be temporary? :frown:
Reply 5
Sounds good!
I have just realised that in the job description it says "HELPERS NEEDED FOR THE NEXT SUMMER SALE Are you looking for 1 day or up to 3 weeks work in July?Are you friendly, approachable and love helping others?Are you happy to get stuck into all sorts of jobs around the store, keeping busy at all times?If your answer to all the above is a big, bold ‘YES’… our team would love you to be part of the buzz at the fantastically hectic summer sale. To help us maintain our amazing levels of customer service during these crazy days, every year we draft in an army of helpers typically for 1 or 2 days but this could be longer for some stores. Our helpers will be dropped right in the middle of the action, so we’ll need you to bring enthusiasm, pace and a big smile, making our customers your number one priority. As well as some lovely, extra cash, you’ll get fantastic retail experience, a foot in the door with Next, a respected name to spice up your CV, and first dibs on any sale stock.".
Does this mean I'll only be temporary? :frown:

More than likely yes, that's the sort of description I had for when I did the Christmas sale. You could always ring up your store and ask them to confirm if it is temporary, but it will say on your contract on your induction day
Hey I had a telephone interview and was told that i would have an induction day and that i would be emailed the details during the week, its been over a week now and still no word, what should i do? thanks
Reply 7
Original post by anonymous_2015
Hey I had a telephone interview and was told that i would have an induction day and that i would be emailed the details during the week, its been over a week now and still no word, what should i do? thanks

Best thing to do would be to ring the store up you applied for. Which store was it?
Although, I received my email the next morning.
Reply 8
More than likely yes, that's the sort of description I had for when I did the Christmas sale. You could always ring up your store and ask them to confirm if it is temporary, but it will say on your contract on your induction day

Do you think there would be any opportunity to stay on after this temporary position?
Best thing to do would be to ring the store up you applied for. Which store was it?
Although, I received my email the next morning.

Yeah i thought that! but the closing date isn't till july?
Its Omagh
Reply 10
Yeah i thought that! but the closing date isn't till july?
Its Omagh

Still worth giving them a call, to see what's happening! :smile:
Still worth giving them a call, to see what's happening! :smile:

Yeah thanks! Good luck in your induction! when was the closing date for yours?
Reply 12
Yeah thanks! Good luck in your induction! when was the closing date for yours?

Thank you & You too :smile: The closing date for mine said 'N/A'
Thank you & You too :smile: The closing date for mine said 'N/A'

Thanks :smile: It said that for me when i checked there aswell but maybe that because I've applied for it because i remember it being in July. Did you get information on shifts or anything yet ? :smile:
Reply 14
Thanks :smile: It said that for me when i checked there aswell but maybe that because I've applied for it because i remember it being in July. Did you get information on shifts or anything yet ? :smile:

Yeah, they sent me an email, with information and login to my staff portal - It had a shift timetable, expected payslips etc.
Yeah, they sent me an email, with information and login to my staff portal - It had a shift timetable, expected payslips etc.

Ahh cool, are you happy with your hours? i was told in the store i applied for that they usually take you on for 3 weeks, so I'm hoping i get that long
Reply 16
Ahh cool, are you happy with your hours? i was told in the store i applied for that they usually take you on for 3 weeks, so I'm hoping i get that long

Well so far, I can only see the hours for Induction - which is 3 hours paid. Only after I applied, I realised in the description it said summer sale work, but hopefully they may keep me on for longer - im hoping.
Well so far, I can only see the hours for Induction - which is 3 hours paid. Only after I applied, I realised in the description it said summer sale work, but hopefully they may keep me on for longer - im hoping.

Aww nice! any ideas of wages for under 18? I seen another vacancy today for holiday cover staff which is for a month, but I'm presuming its a bit late for me to apply now lol just work hard i hope they do! :smile:
Reply 18
Aww nice! any ideas of wages for under 18? I seen another vacancy today for holiday cover staff which is for a month, but I'm presuming its a bit late for me to apply now lol just work hard i hope they do! :smile:

The person above said its around £5.55 :smile:
The person above said its around £5.55 :smile:

Ahh cool id be pretty happy with that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending