The Student Room Group

Study in Munich or at Imperial - opinions please!

Hi everybody!

I have an offer to study physics at Imperial College London for 40 IB points, which I am relatively confident to achieve. I could, however, also take a plunge into the deep end and study at either university in Munich, doing a bachelor physics course. German proficiency is not an issue, I lived in Austria for 13 years, born and bred; I would only have to learn physics-German. The reason I am considering Munich is that the opportunity to save £45k and to avoid a career life in debt seems rather appealing. I've been to Munich before and love the city, probably more so than London but both would be appealing. Munich would definitely be riskier, as I am not sure I could achieve my full potential studying in a language which I have not used regularly for 6 years and also, studying in a system that gives students much more independence (they don't really care about you) and if I do go to the dogs during my degree, or I experience some kind of struggle, people will not help me (there are huuuuuuge drop out rates).

What should I do? Thanks for your opinions!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending