The Student Room Group

Deciding what to do for A2.

AS results are coming up in August and my school has presented us the opportunity to change our A2 choices for next year and I am seriously considering it. At the moment I take: History, Classical Civilisation, Geography and German and at the moment I am set to drop German.
But I am having second thoughts since I genuinely hate Geography and find it incredibly boring, but I feel as if I am more likely to get a better grade in the long run with Geography even though the German reading/writing/listening exam went far better for me than the human Geography exam.
Any thoughts are ideas which could help me?
Thanks,
John.
Drop Geography. There's no point keeping a subject you hate.
Geography might get better in A2. Check what you'd cover work wise and see if that interests you, maybe email your teacher. If you still think it would be boring I'd strongly suggest dropping it. You're not going to have the motivation to get a good grade in it if you have no interest in it what so ever.
Reply 3
Thanks for all your help. :smile: I inquired and they said I had to wait until results day for me to change anything though.
Reply 4
Original post by PLJohn
AS results are coming up in August and my school has presented us the opportunity to change our A2 choices for next year and I am seriously considering it. At the moment I take: History, Classical Civilisation, Geography and German and at the moment I am set to drop German.
But I am having second thoughts since I genuinely hate Geography and find it incredibly boring, but I feel as if I am more likely to get a better grade in the long run with Geography even though the German reading/writing/listening exam went far better for me than the human Geography exam.
Any thoughts are ideas which could help me?
Thanks,
John.

Why drop any? Im biased to geog as i love it. Wish i could do german but being autistic and dyslexic i struggle enough doing english lol. Im taking all 4 AS subjects to A2, if i can do it im sure you can too. Defo keep geog tho.

Quick Reply

Latest