The Student Room Group

Rich Girl

I went to a club and I met this girl. She came to me and she was very confident and kind hearted. She was very straight forward and straight up told me she doesn't care if I'm meant to buy her a drink as a "man". She bought me and herself a drink and we started talking. We had a lot in common and it was a great night , I took her phone number and she took mine and we've been talking a lot. I was then invited to dinner with her family and her house was pretty big. Her father was a lawyer and her mother was a doctor and they all seemed really nice and we all got a long. I was then invited to watch horseback racing and then I knew she was a "rich girl". She buys me a lot of things and to be honest I feel like i dont deserve her as it feels as if shes pity dating me or Im not a man. She volunteers at the moment and I work yet she still has more money than me. Im I wrong for questioning our relationship because of money and how she treats me?

Scroll to see replies

Material wealth isn't everything in this world.
Reply 2
Damn that's emasculating.
Omg you reminded me of this. My childhood/early teenage hood...:o:o

[video="youtube;oToXUmF37FU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oToXUmF37FU[/video]

On a serious note, no you shouldn't feel like that, in fact she sounds wonderful. Personally I aspire to be like that. I'm sure she understands your financial position, you shouldn't feel emasculated at all, your gender identity is not based on how much you earn.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of course not! Dude, if she's into you, she's into you. Over time you'll get more and more comfortable with it.

I went to school with some of the richest kids in the world (no, seriously, this one girl I knew had a PET TIGER). "Rich" people aren't the snobby type that the media makes them out to be, they're compassionate human beings just like the rest of us. They do actually understand that other people aren't as lucky as them and a lot are very humble and will not even think about treating someone differently because they're less fortunate. In fact, a lot get tired of people treating them like they're rich and just want someone who will like them for who they are, not their money.
Original post by Anonymous
I went to a club and I met this girl. She came to me and she was very confident and kind hearted. She was very straight forward and straight up told me she doesn't care if I'm meant to buy her a drink as a "man". She bought me and herself a drink and we started talking. We had a lot in common and it was a great night , I took her phone number and she took mine and we've been talking a lot. I was then invited to dinner with her family and her house was pretty big. Her father was a lawyer and her mother was a doctor and they all seemed really nice and we all got a long. I was then invited to watch horseback racing and then I knew she was a "rich girl". She buys me a lot of things and to be honest I feel like i dont deserve her as it feels as if shes pity dating me or Im not a man. She volunteers at the moment and I work yet she still has more money than me. Im I wrong for questioning our relationship because of money and how she treats me?

money should not be an obstacle in a relationship it doesn't matter if she is rich and wants to pay for things. I think it is a natural reaction to have so don't worry 😊. Communication is key in this. Tell her how you feel and see where it takes you
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah you are.
She sounds like a great catch. Very lovely, down to earth and generous. Why should she be punished for her parents' success?
Though if it does bother you, maybe bring it up with her, it sounds like she would respond in a mature way from how you have described her.
Who cares! Ride it out and make sure you get plenty from her. Need to make the most of it whilst mummy & daddy let her have this 'poor boy phase'. She'll soon be expected to conform and marry some numpty called Tobias/Tarquin/Quentin.

Fill your boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JHart1865
Who cares! Ride it out and make sure you get plenty from her. Need to make the most of it whilst mummy & daddy let her have this 'poor boy phase'. She'll soon be expected to conform and marry some numpty called Tobias/Tarquin/Quentin.

Fill your boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Way to stereotype. I see someone's a little jealous?
Original post by Blue101010
Way to stereotype. I see someone's a little jealous?

Yeah, that's it! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have horsea I live on a farm I volunteer my partner is working class our social division of whatever crap you call it has never made a difference. So what if she's rich your not supposed to be with somebody for the money
She doesn't have money, her parents do.

If it makes you feel so bad, buy her something you can afford as a surprise. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

I have been dumped for not earning enough and I reckon getting dumped for the opposite reason hurts just as much, be careful with that.
Of course you shouldn't let money get in the way. If you truly like her, and she likes you, then go for it.
Everything is fine now. I told her and she told her parents and now they are both trying to help me with my career. Thank you all for your support.
Reply 14
Who cares dude? Live like a king for as long as she lets you. You may not have another opportunity in your life like this :biggrin:
Original post by Alba2013
She doesn't have money, her parents do.

If it makes you feel so bad, buy her something you can afford as a surprise. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

I have been dumped for not earning enough and I reckon getting dumped for the opposite reason hurts just as much, be careful with that.

how much were you earning?
Original post by iAmanze
Damn that's emasculating.

That's kinda stupid...
If she has more, she should pay for more - I think it's fair and decent :smile:

I hate it when people spend money on me when I have more than them- who ever they are.

Call me childish but I believe in 'what's mine is yours' :smile:
Original post by plasmaman
how much were you earning?

I can't remember, it was a few years ago. I was a junior manager at the time so around 18k or so.
Original post by Alba2013
I can't remember, it was a few years ago. I was a junior manager at the time so around 18k or so.

how did she explain it?
Original post by plasmaman
how did she explain it?

He said his friends' girlfriends earnt more than me and he wanted to go on expensive holidays and I couldn't afford it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending