The Student Room Group

Why are American males so big?

Seems to be very common that by the time an American male hits 16 they are popping with muscles and have the frame of a grown man. Dont get it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the secret sauce in the burgers.
Original post by Keyhofi
It's the secret sauce in the burgers.

The are that big because of the sheer amount of food they consume everyday is just enormous. I mean go to a McD's in the US and order a small meal. It's about the same size as the large meal in the UK. They seem to have gotten into their heads that bigger is always better. No wonder most of their adult population are obese. Calorie control dudes. And of course this does not apply to all of them, some are like me, tall and skinny. I also believe a lot of it is down to genetics and the age they start puberty, which is getting younger for some reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Because they're so obsessed with sport. When you go to America high school kids basically introduce themselves with their name, age and what sport they play. And obvs the most popular sports are baseball and football
Original post by scrotgrot
Because they're so obsessed with sport. When you go to America high school kids basically introduce themselves with their name, age and what sport they play. And obvs the most popular sports are baseball and football

Yeah that has some truth to it too. Although their diets are full of proteins and trans fats giving the built up appearance
Reply 5
I get the feeling you're judging american teens based off of TV where adults are hired to play teenage boys, because honestly I haven't noticed a difference between the average american and the average english guy (based off of reality TV, social media, holidays over there).
Reply 6
i have yet to see this
Reply 7
Original post by louieee
I get the feeling you're judging american teens based off of TV where adults are hired to play teenage boys, because honestly I haven't noticed a difference between the average american and the average english guy (based off of reality TV, social media, holidays over there).

You could be on to something there

Posted from TSR Mobile
something in their water...seriously
Because sports.

In Britain if you are foreign and you want to do a funded degree of Science they want proof you are good at it.

In America if you are foreign and want a scholarship in Science, they want you to play sports for the university team and develop your skills.

America is sports-obsessed. (At least South + Mid West, Northeastern America seem to be city dwellers who are fat all year)
Calorie-intake perhaps?
I've been to the US and can confirm the stereotypes are true. In comparison to American kids, British ones in general really are awkward looking with bad teeth.
Lol yes. You look at the TV shows like Glee, One Tree Hill etc they hired actors in their late 20s/early 30s to play high schoolers. I don't know why they do this.

I've known a handful of Americans at that age and they weren't any different from us, although one was pretty built.
chemtrails
Original post by T.I.P
Why are American males so big?

Cause they pull it more than we do :tongue:
Everything's bigger in 'murica. Or was that Texas. Yeah, maybe just Texas

Quick Reply

Latest