The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

PhD in UCLAN ?

All of a sudden I have found myself midway between stark differentiation of Universities based on the nature of their education in the past and the worthlessness of a degree from ex-polys.

Is it a shame that now I am a Masters holder from an ex-poly .i.e. Salford and have recently got an unconditional offer from UCLAN , given that prior to my coming to UK I never thought of any Uni to be less than a Uni, although I had had concerns about ranking and stuff.

That kind of debate barely exists in my country, as we all consider universities in regards to the span of their life-time not to what kind of education they offered before.

I applied to Birmingham , Surrey, MMU, Plymouth that all confirmed the promising objectives of my proposal but couldn't find a prospective supervisor or proper resources. (Birmingham and Surrey said they based their decision on that regardless to grades of my MA)

Only Lancashire has shown interest and I was really happy until I tumbled upon excessive negative comments as concerns the past and quality of UCLAN.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending