The Student Room Group

Why do women object to being objectified

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louieee
I'm sorry for thinking that women deserve to be treated as humans rather than objects.

There is a difference between that and wanting to send men to camps and knock the entire male population to its knees. It's in the name, femiNAZI
Original post by Crossedit
lol. all this aggression just because men like boobs. Get over yourself. How ugly are you? I never hear pretty girls complaining about "objectification".

"real men do this" "real men do that" Real men do whatever they want and don't care about your approval.

"your all little boys"
"micropenis"
"non-existent beard"

lmao.

Funny how feminists are incapable of arguing without attacking their opponents masculinity. It's beyond hypocritical. Pathetic.

You're probably some whale with a gaping sloppy roast beef vagina jealous of prettier girls that get "objectified". I bet you haven't had male attention in years.

Whines about feminists being persinal and then calls her ugly.
What would you class as a "sex object" though? Being found sexually attractive? If a guy sees a girl with her tits and ass hanging out of course he'll be drawn to it, that doesn't mean he doesn't think she has thoughts or she isn't a person, it just means he like her tits and ass.

The whole "objectification" argument just stems from puritan prudishness in American/British culture. It's just demonising men for their natural urges.

I don't think women are sex objects regardless of how they dress or how many men are attracted to them, women are not objects, end of story.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't think women are sex objects regardless of how they dress or how many men are attracted to them, women are not objects, end of story.

You're just spouting inane nonsense though. What would you count as "being an object"? If you put your body out for display then that is the first thing men will notice about you. You see a nice ass and you think "that girl has a nice ass" you don't think "she's an object" and nor do you think "wow how interesting I want to find out more about her as a person". Men don't think like this.

If women really want to be considered more then sex objects you're going to have to stop acting like it. But your so insecure and crave validation at every turn, and flaunting your bodies is the easiest way to get it. It's totally wrong and damaging to young boys to make them feel guilty for finding women visually attractive using this false idea of "objectification", especially as women are dressing sluttier and sluttier every year.

I never hear this "objectification" nonsense in countries that have historically been more open about sex. Continental europe or latin america for example. It's only Britain and America that care about it because sex is still seen as something wrong and dirty, male sexuality is feared in a big way and so women perceive it as an insult if a guy they don't like finds them sexually attractive. Like it decreases their value or something.
Original post by SophieBarlow87
Whines about feminists being persinal and then calls her ugly.

Respond to nastiness with nastiness. Women are socially allowed to be much nastier to men then vice versa and it gives them leverage. They also think they can define both "real men" and "real women". That's why fatties say stuff like "real men like curves" and bitches say stuff like "You can't handle a real women like me!". It's all just a way of cowing men into agreeing.
You're just spouting inane nonsense though. What would you count as "being an object"? If you put your body out for display then that is the first thing men will notice about you. You see a nice ass and you think "that girl has a nice ass" you don't think "she's an object" and nor do you think "wow how interesting I want to find out more about her as a person". Men don't think like this.

If women really want to be considered more then sex objects you're going to have to stop acting like it. But your so insecure and crave validation at every turn, and flaunting your bodies is the easiest way to get it. It's totally wrong and damaging to young boys to make them feel guilty for finding women visually attractive using this false idea of "objectification", especially as women are dressing sluttier and sluttier every year.

I never hear this "objectification" nonsense in countries that have historically been more open about sex. Continental europe or latin america for example. It's only Britain and America that care about it because sex is still seen as something wrong and dirty, male sexuality is feared in a big way and so women perceive it as an insult if a guy they don't like finds them sexually attractive. Like it decreases their value or something.

I honestly have replied to millionsof posts like this on the internet, I'm exhausted and just tired of reading and replying to posts like this, "Women are insecure" "man have urges" it's all just pathetic, I know I wont change your mind so I don't care to reply, you don't understand because you view women in a certain way and I view men in another, we can never reach a middle ground so lets just end it here, it's a waste of both of our time.
I honestly have replied to millionsof posts like this on the internet, I'm exhausted and just tired of reading and replying to posts like this, "Women are insecure" "man have urges" it's all just pathetic, I know I wont change your mind so I don't care to reply, you don't understand because you view women in a certain way and I view men in another, we can never reach a middle ground so lets just end it here, it's a waste of both of our time.

Then please clarify to me what the difference between male sexual attraction and "objectification" is then? You can't. There is none. You're just trying to project the idea that female sexuality is right and that male sexuality is wrong. In reality both should compliment each other.

If you don't want men to see you as a sex object then don't dress and act like one. It's really that simple. Women these days just can't take personal responsibility because they view themselves as eternal victims. It's actually a very disempowering and self fulfilling way to think.
(edited 8 years ago)

No, you are quite literally a sex object, the main role of women in any society is for their looks and giving birth.
Original post by The two eds
There is a difference between that and wanting to send men to camps and knock the entire male population to its knees. It's in the name, femiNAZI

All I stated was that women deserve to be respected as much as men, and that women should be seen as humans rather than objects...in what way do I fit your description?
Original post by The Last
No, you are quite literally a sex object, the main role of women in any society is for their looks and giving birth.

Holy ****...legit can't understand what tf's wrong with you :s
Original post by louieee
Holy ****...legit can't understand what tf's wrong with you :s

Its just a fact of life m8
Its just a fact of life m8

So you've never seen a female doctor? Your country has never had a female prime minister? None of your teachers were women?
Tbh there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing a girl in a nice skirt and thinking, 'damn.' Things only become a problem if you harass her (eg touch her inappropriately without her consent) or if you, or anybody else, were to treat her like dirt because of the way she dresses, such as calling her a slut, dehumanising her, and so on.
Original post by louieee
So you've never seen a female doctor? Your country has never had a female prime minister? None of your teachers were women?

I trust a male doctor way before a female, Thatcher was a crap PM, and my male teachers were all far better than the women. Women just aren't very competent, they rely on emotions too much when facts and logic are more useful in the real world.
Reply 94
Sexualisation and objectification are not the same thing.
I trust a male doctor way before a female, Thatcher was a crap PM, and my male teachers were all far better than the women. Women just aren't very competent, they rely on emotions too much when facts and logic are more useful in the real world.

And I'm assuming when you got hurt it was always daddy the one who comforted you?
Emotions are incredibly useful. Did you know that in medical interviews, they test for empathy? Women generally make better empaths than men, as they tend to be more sensitive and receptive to other people's emotions.

I'd really appreciate some statistics to back this up, you just seem to be too upset and relying on your emotions and fragile ego rather than actual facts to discuss this logically, and I can't speak to you until you calm down. I'm sorry you feel the need to so desperately boost your self worth by telling yourself you're better than half the population simply because you have a penis, but honestly that isn't the way it works
Original post by UnicornSparkle13
And I'm assuming when you got hurt it was always daddy the one who comforted you?
Emotions are incredibly useful. Did you know that in medical interviews, they test for empathy? Women generally make better empaths than men, as they tend to be more sensitive and receptive to other people's emotions.

Thats nice and has its uses, but empathy isn't what gets the important things in life done, if my dad hadn't spent his years working I would have starved and been homeless, so I think what he did was ultimatley more important.

Original post by louieee
I'd really appreciate some statistics to back this up, you just seem to be too upset and relying on your emotions and fragile ego rather than actual facts to discuss this logically, and I can't speak to you until you calm down. I'm sorry you feel the need to so desperately boost your self worth by telling yourself you're better than half the population simply because you have a penis, but honestly that isn't the way it works

Nah, I really am physically and mentally superior to women due to my gender, I know that isn't considered politically correct, but a lot of the truth in life isn't.
Thats nice and has its uses, but empathy isn't what gets the important things in life done, if my dad hadn't spent his years working I would have starved and been homeless, so I think what he did was ultimatley more important.

Nah, I really am physically and mentally superior to women due to my gender, I know that isn't considered politically correct, but a lot of the truth in life isn't.

You might as well marry your hand now mate. I'll give you a box of Kleenex for the consummation, eh?
Original post by UnicornSparkle13
You might as well marry your hand now mate. I'll give you a box of Kleenex for the consummation, eh?

Weak response and it only further proves the fact that women are only useful for their vaginas, when presented with logic the only response is 'Y-yeah well I won't let you use my vagina!' its pathetic. I have a girlfriend, I get laid plenty, I just see how the world works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending