The Student Room Group

Why do peopel igore others?

What do people think it's okay to ignore someone?

It's hurtful to the other person, do't they care about the feelings of the other person?

It's ever okay to ignore anyone in my eyes (Unless the person has hurt you badly)

What's wrong with telling someone that you do not want to converse with them anymore?

Scroll to see replies

i know right @K.C
Reply 2
Original post by Man.bear.pig
i know right @K.C

LOL what did i do
I never understood this either. I've never ignored anyone (not purposefully anyway) but I know a lot of people that do. I find it rude and would prefer someone to be blunt instead of having to guess what's happening with others.
Reply 4
I'm guilty of this- If there's a person who shows me slight disrespect I'd completely cut them off its not mean it's just having some self respect. It's not outright ignore just avoid
Original post by K.C
LOL what did i do

lol i dunno breddah but my doubts have been confirmed.
OP: ignoring someone is a classy above thou way to tell someone to **** off and I practice this method profusely and for my own personal titillation. It's empowering and liberating.
Some people are annoying as **** so need to be ignored.

Spoiler

Reply 8
lol i dunno breddah but my doubts have been confirmed.

:frown:
I don't know, been a "victim" of this and best thing is to move on because somebody who doesn't pay you a bit of attention is unworthy
Sometimes you just can't be bothered to have that "I don't want to talk to you anymore" conversation. No need to get all dramatical (Skinny Pete).

fix ya face bredda lol and did someone really flash themselves in that chat? :holmes:
This is the problem with read receipts lol
You know when a person has read your message, what time, and if they're not responding, you are clearly being ignored
it's super rude

I'd understand if maybe the person wasn't replying because they had nothing to say or they really don't want to answer a question you asked because they don't want to etc.
But just to ignore when there's no need is not nice
It makes people seem stuck up and aloof, as though they think they're too good for you, to talk to you or answer you

I've had this experience, where i've clearly asked a question, not a difficult one about what my friends were going to do on a certain day so i knew whether i was going out or home, and they blatantly ignored me, and didn't answer, i asked like 3 times on separate occassions, oh well
I find out on the day they're going home, it's like why not just tell me you're doing that then?
I could've ended up not having transport :/

Sorry for the rant there, this issue really gets me riled up
Idk I guess it's just me but when I'm in an argument with someone or they've been rude without knowing, I just need some time away from them so I can get over what they've done. I don't ignore people to be rude (as they've been the rude one), I just ignore them to prepare myself to talk to them again. I do it with everyone so it's nothing personal, but it helps me get over people so I dont have a major rage at them which is just embarrassing. Nice time to plot revenge too :u:
Reply 14
fix ya face bredda lol and did someone really flash themselves in that chat? :holmes:

loll, yeah some random guy came on and he was wanking life ffs
because they're bored of talking to you most likely
I was ignored when I tried to get to know someone from my school on facebook. I'd noticed they smiled at me a lot in school and was nice to me in school so I thought that person wanted to be friends. I was too scared to talk to them in school so I messaged the person on fb and we exchanged a few messages that day and then the person just ignored me. I have no idea why because all I said was hi, how are you etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K.C
loll, yeah some random guy came on and he was wanking life ffs

lmao are you ****ing serious?? i was refusing to come in but someone i knew in there was screaming for me to come in like I wanna see that **** :colonhash:. I think I know who it was :holmes:
usually coz there upset and not in the mood for talking
or they dont know what to say
or playing hard to get
or your annoying af

Spoiler

Reply 19
lmao are you ****ing serious?? i was refusing to come in but someone i knew in there was screaming for me to come in like I wanna see that **** :colonhash:. I think I know who it was :holmes:

yeahh but luckily he got the swift ban

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending