The Student Room Group

A level's over 3 years

Due to circumstances I think I will be taking a gap year after A2. At the moment I am taking Maths, Further Maths, CompSci and Economics at AS, and I am hoping to take Maths at uni in London. Would my A levels count as taken over 2 or 3 years, if I was to take Maths, Economics and CompSci at A2, then take Further Maths A2 in my gap year, and if unis consider that as taken over 3 years how would it effect my chances at places like UCL, KCL and QUML for a Maths degree.
Original post by thatapanydude
Due to circumstances I think I will be taking a gap year after A2. At the moment I am taking Maths, Further Maths, CompSci and Economics at AS, and I am hoping to take Maths at uni in London. Would my A levels count as taken over 2 or 3 years, if I was to take Maths, Economics and CompSci at A2, then take Further Maths A2 in my gap year, and if unis consider that as taken over 3 years how would it effect my chances at places like UCL, KCL and QUML for a Maths degree.

bump
2 years, I think its only called 3 years if you have to resit :P
Original post by nobodycarescarla
2 years, I think its only called 3 years if you have to resit :P

ahh right, say if i needed to retake a maths module if i was to do it in the last year of A2 before the gap year, would it still count as taken in 2 years
ahh right, say if i needed to retake a maths module if i was to do it in the last year of A2 before the gap year, would it still count as taken in 2 years

Yes I believe so (:
Reply 5

I am currently doing this due to circumstances as well and had emailed universities. The London universities in particular do not mind students taking more than 2yrs, as long as they get the grades, and for UCL and ICL, achieve a good grade on STEP and MAT.

The only universities that do not allow this are Edingburgh and Manchester, others such as Sheffield increase the entry requirement for the individual.
Original post by kkboyk
I am currently doing this due to circumstances as well and had emailed universities. The London universities in particular do not mind students taking more than 2yrs, as long as they get the grades, and for UCL and ICL, achieve a good grade on STEP and MAT.

The only universities that do not allow this are Edingburgh and Manchester, others such as Sheffield increase the entry requirement for the individual.

Thank you nice too see someone in the same boat as me lol

Quick Reply

Latest