The Student Room Group

Worried & scared | sex - advice...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
hope it turns out okay for you:smile: and you dont have any stupid men like him again.

Fingers crossed. Will keep you updated.

Definitely hope no more men like this cross my path ever again.

Thank you :smile:
. . . .

My GUM has had an update! The website says they are open from 8.30am - 6pm, that's for bookable and walk in! But it's advisable to call before attending, just incase they have reached their quota for the day. That makes me feel a bit better than I can access the clinic a bit easier now after work.
Original post by Anonymous
My GUM has had an update! The website says they are open from 8.30am - 6pm, that's for bookable and walk in! But it's advisable to call before attending, just incase they have reached their quota for the day. That makes me feel a bit better than I can access the clinic a bit easier now after work.

that sounds much better than solely appointments, hopefully you can get there earlier when it suits you:smile:
Reply 23
You're stressing far too much. Clearly you know there's no chance you're pregnant, not only were you on birth control but you've had a period since you had sex. And the nurse is right, there's no point testing for STIs before 2 or 3 weeks, and if you had gone to the GUM clinic they'd have told you they would test you but would have to have you come back 3 weeks later to repeat the tests. Just go to the first appointment you can get as it's doubtful anything would show up before then anyway.
Original post by abc101
You're stressing far too much. Clearly you know there's no chance you're pregnant, not only were you on birth control but you've had a period since you had sex. And the nurse is right, there's no point testing for STIs before 2 or 3 weeks, and if you had gone to the GUM clinic they'd have told you they would test you but would have to have you come back 3 weeks later to repeat the tests. Just go to the first appointment you can get as it's doubtful anything would show up before then anyway.

Yes, I am stressing, and I'm just being cautious, maybe over-cautious? Yes, I am on the coil, but they (B/C) aren't all 100% effective. There is the odd chance these things can fail which I heard / read time and time again. I know people can still have a period, and then a few weeks down the line, discover they are pregnant!

Also, it wasn't a Nurse who advised not going before 3 weeks, it was the Receptionist at the GUM!!! I don't doubt she's not wrong, but I was surprised they wouldn't try to get patients in earlier, when they hear the scenario of what had happened. On the other hand, the Nurse at my Drs surgery, suggested to go to the GUM immediately / asap! A bit of contradiction which is what is confusing me! :dontknow:

Nurse at Drs surgery advised me to do a DIY Chlamydia test....result came through today.....negative!
Nurse at Drs surgery advised me to do a DIY Chlamydia test....result came through today.....negative!

good news:smile:
good news:smile:

One down, several more to go . . .*breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out* . . .
One down, several more to go . . .*breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out* . . .

most of which would be treatable even if you did have them
most of which would be treatable even if you did have them

I know. *Breathe in, breathe out*

My bits / vag is still itchy....:confused: - wondering if it's still the hairs growing back, or thrush?
I know. *Breathe in, breathe out*

My bits / vag is still itchy....:confused: - wondering if it's still the hairs growing back, or thrush?

That guy sounds like an absolute bellend. Anyway, OP i wouldn't worry about pregnancy you sound very low risk in that respect. Possibly take a test just to ease your mind and for clarity? I don't know how long it takes for sti's to show up on tests but by all means get tested. I think there is a 3 month window for HIV detection but i don't even think you should worry about that. Hope all comes back fine and that ****** gets whats coming to him, best of luck!
Original post by BaffledPenguin
That guy sounds like an absolute bellend. Anyway, OP i wouldn't worry about pregnancy you sound very low risk in that respect. Possibly take a test just to ease your mind and for clarity? I don't know how long it takes for sti's to show up on tests but by all means get tested. I think there is a 3 month window for HIV detection but i don't even think you should worry about that. Hope all comes back fine and that ****** gets whats coming to him, best of luck!

The itching down below is still bothering me, it has now become sore. TMI but had a look at my bits & I think I've got Herpes :-(. I've got a small thing; it's red, angry & I can see a small ulcer-like lesion on the inside of my vagina!! :-( Not only that I've got 2 x spots on my butt cheeks; 1 on each cheek, that literally mirror each other. I called my GP nurse & explained & suggested it's maybe thrush? So I've got pessaries anyway which I'm going to try incase it is thrush but I think it's herpes!! Brilliant!!!!! :-(

I'm emotionally drained, stressed and petrified. The fact that someone has put me in this situation unnecessarily is the most upsetting thing. I messaged the guy this evening but he's ignored my message but it is late. :-( :-( :-(
The itching down below is still bothering me, it has now become sore. TMI but had a look at my bits & I think I've got Herpes :-(. I've got a small thing; it's red, angry & I can see a small ulcer-like lesion on the inside of my vagina!! :-( Not only that I've got 2 x spots on my butt cheeks; 1 on each cheek, that literally mirror each other. I called my GP nurse & explained & suggested it's maybe thrush? So I've got pessaries anyway which I'm going to try incase it is thrush but I think it's herpes!! Brilliant!!!!! :-(

I'm emotionally drained, stressed and petrified. The fact that someone has put me in this situation unnecessarily is the most upsetting thing. I messaged the guy this evening but he's ignored my message but it is late. :-( :-( :-(

The best thing for you to do is get tested. You could have it completely wrong and not even have herpes. It sounds like thrush to me, and that ulcer could have been caused by friction during sex! Just get tested and ease your mind and i hope you get the outcome that you desire. Please try to relax :smile:

Did that guy reply to your message? After all this don't even give that scumbag the time of day, sounds like a nasty piece of work!
The best thing for you to do is get tested. You could have it completely wrong and not even have herpes. It sounds like thrush to me, and that ulcer could have been caused by friction during sex! Just get tested and ease your mind and i hope you get the outcome that you desire. Please try to relax :smile:
Did that guy reply to your message? After all this don't even give that scumbag the time of day, sounds like a nasty piece of work!

I probably have got it completely wrong, you're right. I'm just worrying so much to the point where my mind is playing tricks on me! I'm going to a walk in clinic first thing Monday morning, told work I got appt., they're fine with it. The worrying and stress is just too much & I can't concentrate properly.

As for the guy, yes he replied to my message. I asked him bluntly if his bits were ok, he said he's fine?!?....He's either being honest, or again, he's lying! I don't trust him so I'm getting tested anyway. I'm thinking if I've had an allergic reaction to whatever he washes his sheets in as I'm allergic to most washing powders! But we'll see what they say on Monday.

But once this is over, I'm removing him from my life once & for all.
I probably have got it completely wrong, you're right. I'm just worrying so much to the point where my mind is playing tricks on me! I'm going to a walk in clinic first thing Monday morning, told work I got appt., they're fine with it. The worrying and stress is just too much & I can't concentrate properly.

As for the guy, yes he replied to my message. I asked him bluntly if his bits were ok, he said he's fine?!?....He's either being honest, or again, he's lying! I don't trust him so I'm getting tested anyway. I'm thinking if I've had an allergic reaction to whatever he washes his sheets in as I'm allergic to most washing powders! But we'll see what they say on Monday.

But once this is over, I'm removing him from my life once & for all.

Honestly hun I have been in the exact same position in regards to the worrying about it. You will worry while waiting for the results but it will be worth it in the end!

I think you're less likely to catch it if there are no visible/oozing sores so hopefully that'll go on your favour.

Exactly, it could be an allergic reaction, friction sores, thrush... Just try not to think the worst. Good luck with the results :smile:
Honestly hun I have been in the exact same position in regards to the worrying about it. You will worry while waiting for the results but it will be worth it in the end!

I think you're less likely to catch it if there are no visible/oozing sores so hopefully that'll go on your favour.

Exactly, it could be an allergic reaction, friction sores, thrush... Just try not to think the worst. Good luck with the results :smile:

Went to the clinic this morning...saw a Nurse who was so lovely. Explained to her what happened, she was shocked but reassured me they'll check everything & etc.

She wouldn't test for Syphillis / HIV because the window period isn't enough, which I know would be the case. So she swabbed vaginally & took samples for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea & had a look for thrush. Results will come back in a week! But on first look she said all appears fine, which is some comfort.

I had to cancel my appointment for next week & rearrange for another end of July for blood test! So just another 4 weeks of worrying!
Went to the clinic this morning...saw a Nurse who was so lovely. Explained to her what happened, she was shocked but reassured me they'll check everything & etc.

She wouldn't test for Syphillis / HIV because the window period isn't enough, which I know would be the case. So she swabbed vaginally & took samples for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea & had a look for thrush. Results will come back in a week! But on first look she said all appears fine, which is some comfort.

I had to cancel my appointment for next week & rearrange for another end of July for blood test! So just another 4 weeks of worrying!

See! The nurse said all looks fine so sounds like you have nothing to worry about! I think HIV produces extreme flu like symptoms which as far as I'm aware you haven't experienced? Again I think the risk of you having HIV/syphilis is VERY low. I have had the same tests done before so i understand the horrible wait. Just try to distract yourself and the wait will be over before you know it :smile:
See! The nurse said all looks fine so sounds like you have nothing to worry about! I think HIV produces extreme flu like symptoms which as far as I'm aware you haven't experienced? Again I think the risk of you having HIV/syphilis is VERY low. I have had the same tests done before so i understand the horrible wait. Just try to distract yourself and the wait will be over before you know it :smile:

I'm still keeping an eye on my bits but her saying that yesterday was comforting. Just got to wait for the results which I should get next Monday! As for Syhillis / HIV, no flu like symptoms, apart from sore throat & my nose is running like crazy lately but no idea if that's me developing hay fever or just my usual whereby my nose just runs a lot! (TMI). But overall I feel fit and healthy.

The guy & I were talking about what happened last night....he said he's clean, which I don't know whether to believe or take with a pinch of salt? :dontknow;. Either way, im testing to be sure. And get this....he's put another request in! Said the sex was good...repeat perhaps? You know when you're just lost for words & you really do not know how to respond & etc...yeah that's me!! Not going to lie, yes I did enjoy the sex, best I've had in a long time but after his stunt I'm not wishing to repeat!
I'm still keeping an eye on my bits but her saying that yesterday was comforting. Just got to wait for the results which I should get next Monday! As for Syhillis / HIV, no flu like symptoms, apart from sore throat & my nose is running like crazy lately but no idea if that's me developing hay fever or just my usual whereby my nose just runs a lot! (TMI). But overall I feel fit and healthy.

The guy & I were talking about what happened last night....he said he's clean, which I don't know whether to believe or take with a pinch of salt? :dontknow;. Either way, im testing to be sure. And get this....he's put another request in! Said the sex was good...repeat perhaps? You know when you're just lost for words & you really do not know how to respond & etc...yeah that's me!! Not going to lie, yes I did enjoy the sex, best I've had in a long time but after his stunt I'm not wishing to repeat!

From what you describe you sound fine! HIV flu has been described as 'the worst flu you'll ever experience'.

Yeah it's hard to believe anyone when they say that. I always use protection unless I am in a serious relationship. You can't really take someones word for it no matter how much they protest that they're clean.

I mean if he didn't take the condom off without consent I would have said go for it haha. But this guy sounds like a huge **** so yeah its probably for the best that you stay away from that mess :')
From what you describe you sound fine! HIV flu has been described as 'the worst flu you'll ever experience'.

Yeah it's hard to believe anyone when they say that. I always use protection unless I am in a serious relationship. You can't really take someones word for it no matter how much they protest that they're clean.

I mean if he didn't take the condom off without consent I would have said go for it haha. But this guy sounds like a huge **** so yeah its probably for the best that you stay away from that mess :')

Test results came back yesterday = negative! One hurdle crossed, now to wait for the bloods which is t until August. Fingers crossed that'll be fine as well.

Agree with you; if he wasn't a dick, I'd happily have sex with him again but I can't go there after what happened last time. He thinks he's getting it again but not going to go there! No way!

Quick Reply