The Student Room Group

Zante 2015

Hello I am going to zante on July 15th with a few mates, with the current debt issues in Greece we are unsure whether to convert our money now or wait until after the 30th, when they tell us the verdict of whether they leave the euro or not, and will this make a big difference?
Hey there, it might be a good idea to wait. There's no rush and the 30th is tomorrow anyway and you still have more than 16 days left before you go to Zante. Enjoy your vacation!
Reply 2
Thankyou and would you suggest I take it in cash or get a travel card sort of thing?
Traveling without cash can be quite difficult so I would recommend having cash on you, I think it works out cheaper too. However, you can contact your bank and ask them to allow you to use your normal debit/credit card abroad just in case you run out of cash. Normally they block your card abroad for security reasons.
Reply 4
I'm going to zante on 16th with a group of friends and we're all taking cash, possibly a debit card too just in case but mainly cash. the exchange rate isn't too bad at the moment so I'm getting mine asap!
Reply 5
Original post by paigeloc
I'm going to zante on 16th with a group of friends and we're all taking cash, possibly a debit card too just in case but mainly cash. the exchange rate isn't too bad at the moment so I'm getting mine asap!

Might see you there! And yeah I have decided to take all cash with some spare money on my debit card aswell
Reply 6
Original post by Dalyguy
Might see you there! And yeah I have decided to take all cash with some spare money on my debit card aswell

how much are you bringing? I'm planning on like 400 euros but some of my friends are taking more so I'm so torn! also have you booked any events yet?
Reply 7
how much are you bringing? I'm planning on like 400 euros but some of my friends are taking more so I'm so torn! also have you booked any events yet?

I'm taking around 600 euros to be safe but we have booked the most cheap and basic rooms so we want to be out doing events constantly and stuff in the day and out at night obviously! We have booked a Vvip boat party for next Saturday becuase it's my mates birthday and it's meant to be really good.
Reply 8
Zayn left 1D, now father of Zante is leaving the EU...omg it's like Of Mice and Men
Reply 9
Original post by Dalyguy
I'm taking around 600 euros to be safe but we have booked the most cheap and basic rooms so we want to be out doing events constantly and stuff in the day and out at night obviously! We have booked a Vvip boat party for next Saturday becuase it's my mates birthday and it's meant to be really good.

oh okay yeah thats fair enough! oh cool we've booked a different boat party, not sure what else we'll do yet, anyway have a sick time!
Reply 10
oh okay yeah thats fair enough! oh cool we've booked a different boat party, not sure what else we'll do yet, anyway have a sick time!

Thanks, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest