The Student Room Group

It's my turn. I'm a Chinese, ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Do you think China and Chinese people are portrayed fairly by western news outlets?
Reply 41
Original post by holmes221
How do you deal with racists like some of the above comments

Ignore:smile: or Some things must have the reason. May be our ancestors hurt them or give them a bad impression and it incurs some specious hatreds.(sorry about that). Or some Chinese tourists are rude or racists discriminate other nations because of the different cultures and shocks. It's not necessary to hate the whole group just because some people do it wrong in this group. Obama is black. Japanese emperor is yellow, the Chinese president is yellow as well and Miliband's parents are sort of Jews? SO what? Who knows what kind of person you were in you last life and who knows what kind of person you will be in your next life or even you won't be a human being in the next life.

Racial discrimination is a world problem not only here. I don't mind:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by undergroundracle
What is your view on the East Turkestan and Tibetan liberation movements. Also, do you support the Communist Government or are you pro democracy.

I hate Communist government, I hate it.
Reply 43
Original post by Bubzeh
Why do Chinese Students tend to avoid Central London for University?

Sorry about the late answer.
I think because the living fee in central is quite expensive, but as I know many Chinese students tend to study in central rather than other places and generally most Chinese students are rich. :aetsch:
Reply 44
Original post by HuggleyDuck
Do you think China and Chinese people are portrayed fairly by western news outlets?

Some what. 50% or 51% fairly.
I suppose some media have bias because of the Communist government, they don't know the the Communist Party can not represent Chinese people, but the key thing is that government does cause a bad influence. So China and Chinese people might be portrayed a bit bias by western news outlets.

I am not saying that's unfairly what I'm saying is just a bit misunderstand. imo.:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by the bear
do you do martial arts ?

I used to do when I was a kid :h:
Reply 46
Original post by Imperion
What is your favourite dish?
Do you love Chinese new year?
Have you been to Hong Kong?
Do you like trance?

:tongue:

I don't have favourite one~
Yes I do. I definitely love!
I haven't been Hong Kong:frown: But I will go on one day
Trance? What is that ? Sleep? Zone out?
Reply 47
Original post by Jitesh
What do you think of Mao Zedong ?

Butcher
Reply 48
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Do you find Asian girls more attractively? For some reason for me I see an average girl but if she's east Asian she appears hotter! I'm half Chinese myself

I don't know.. I don't have a preference, west girls and east girls are the same to me.:aetsch:
oh my god this thread is something else
Original post by 爱与罚
I always see people post like this I'm .... ask me...
LOL

I'm new and this is a good forum.
By the way, my English is not very good, I try to answer you though.:smile:

Which chinese language do you speak? What other languages do you speak?
Reply 51
Original post by gagafacea1
Which chinese language do you speak? What other languages do you speak?

Mandarin.
Just English
Original post by 爱与罚
Oh I'm fine Thank you!
I'm just very busy in this term. I still have to go to the class. Other natives students are enjoying their holidays!!:frown:

And welcome to China:smile:

Bless you. How long do you have until you finish your education?

Hahaha, have not been there but thanks :smile:
Reply 53
Are either of your parents tiger-parents? Is getting straight A's important in your household or is that just a myth?
Also what is your favourite martial art, and what is your rank? in all of them? me im a six kyu in judo and wado ryu karate, and fifth in aikido, but i have also been in some street fights, so i consider my skill set to be somewhat higher than the paper belt qualification may show!

Quick Reply

Latest