The Student Room Group

Track Update but no actual update?

Might be a silly question, but I just wanted to know. I recieved an email that there was an update in Track, but when I log in, nothing has changed (all courses and unis are the same, offers are the same, NOTHING changed)....so does this mean that they made a mistake or should I be expecting some kind of change today?? It was dated from 12 o clock this afternoon.

Thanks for the help.
Reply 1
Umm are you sure there was no change? Although i'm sure you're sure but it's worth checking again

Someone a week or so ago posted saying they'd got an email when nothing had changed so maybe it was just an error
Reply 2
Did you by any chance get an offer yesterday, after 5pm? Cause as the emails are only sent at 12 and 5pm, if something changes after 5, then the update email won't come through 'til midday the next day.
Reply 3
Thanks for the answers. It may indeed have to do with an offer I got yesterday, however, I had already gotten an email for that one....hmmmm..

Oh well, I'll wait for another update.
Reply 4
There was a thread like this earlier, and i said the same thing then. Check the actual "from" address on the email, see if it is really UCAS, because a couple of ppl in our skl thought it would be funny to set up an email stating rejections and updates as if they were from UCAS and send them to ppl lol. it might just be a prank.

But most probably a slow-down in the system, emails aren't always instant, sometimes they can take hours, even days to clear through a firm's emailing system. But it also may not have meant an update in the offers section, check everything else just in case.

If everthing is the same, i don't see what harm would come about just ignoring it lol
Reply 5
LOL, thats so mean, making email addresses and sending rejections :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks to all the advice, I phoned UCAS and they said that a uni was altering my offer (to my advantage!) but then accidentally clicked "save" before finishing the change.....that's why an update email came before the update was there. Anyway, all good now! Thanks mates! :smile:

vithuran
There was a thread like this earlier, and i said the same thing then. Check the actual "from" address on the email, see if it is really UCAS, because a couple of ppl in our skl thought it would be funny to set up an email stating rejections and updates as if they were from UCAS and send them to ppl lol. it might just be a prank.

But most probably a slow-down in the system, emails aren't always instant, sometimes they can take hours, even days to clear through a firm's emailing system. But it also may not have meant an update in the offers section, check everything else just in case.

If everthing is the same, i don't see what harm would come about just ignoring it lol
oh, that's great news. congratulations.
Reply 7
Thank you very much!

Latest

Trending

Trending