The Student Room Group

What could a red lump on my boyfriends penis be?

My boyfriend has just a single red lump on the inside of his foreskin, it can only be seen when the foreskin is rolled back as it's on the inside of it. What is this? I've not mentioned it to him as I don't want to seem rude but I'm worried about sti's. I've had 2 hpv vaccinations up to now against cervical cancer/genital warts so have some protection if it's a wart but it's red so I don't know.

Have any of you guys had a red lump?
Reply 1
In dire need of getting checked, it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to tell him to see a doctor
Reply 3
Show pics :wink:

No but umm seriously, talk to him about it. He should get it checked out definitely, it's wrong for you not to express your concerns.
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98
In dire need of getting checked, it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've mentioned my fear of sti's etc before to him I am a bit of a hyperchondriac when it comes to viruses etc but he got sick of me going on about it and says he's clean. So I can't mention it again. I made an excuse not to have sex last time when I saw it. The rest of his penis looks fine there's just a single red lump on the inside of the foreskin.
Reply 5
Original post by enaayrah
You need to tell him to see a doctor

Won't listen, he will use a condom but is this enough to protect me..
Original post by Anonymous

You won't really know until he gets it checked. Tell him again and again and he should give in :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

A correctly used condom will protect you, however if you have any kind of malfunction or don't use it correctly then you won't be 100% safe.

Your boyfriend is understandably worried about going to the doctor, an examination that intimate is always going to be embarrassing and the implications for him if he gets a diagnosis aren't necessarily something he's going to want to think about.

Understand where he is coming from with his reluctance to see a doctor but also remember that you are under no obligation to put yourself at risk. If you aren't happy to have sex with him before he has it checked don't make excuses, tell him why you're not going to have sex and then don't.
Ive had this before, never knew what it was and it went away.

Quick Reply

Latest