The Student Room Group

german Abitur after A-levels

Dear all,

I have a very hard decision to face at the moment, that I am honestly really struggling to make.

I am german and used to also go to school there. However, two years ago I decided to go to school in the UK for a year, which then became two years. I just did my IGCSEs and also received a 50% academic-scholarship. I am intending to study medicine. However, I am not sure whether i want to study in Germany or the Uk and so i am faced with the problem that I have to decide where to continue going to school.

My mother is very keen for me to come back home and go to school in Germany, which theoretically sounds good to me too. I however don't know how well I would be able to do being as I have not had geography, socialstudies, history, and german. For medicine you need to get a very high set of results in Germany, so it is crucial that I can cope well. Furthermore, on a more emotional basis, I know I would really miss my friends in England, who at this point are almost like a family, but of course at home theres my mother...

Its altogether a very hard decision and many factors lead to this probably being the hardest decision I have yet faced.

I would be extremely grateful if any of you have any ideas and suggestions as to what you would do in my situation, as well s maybe some of you have been in a similar situation, and know maybe the difficulties of going from an english to a german system?

Kind Regards and many thanks!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest