The Student Room Group

Ladies and gentlemen: what are your views on guys that wear leggings.

Do you think that it would ever be socially acceptable for guys to wear leggings in public. Things are changing we've seen it with the skinny jeans leggings might become popular for men one day. If you're wondering yes, I do have a pair of leggings and harem pants but I only wear them indoors.

So what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Cat
Do you think that it would ever be socially acceptable for guys to wear leggings in public. Things are changing we've seen it with the skinny jeans leggings might become popular for men one day. If you're wondering yes, I do have a pair of leggings and harem pants but I only wear them indoors.

So what do you think?

I never knew guys wore leggings. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

Some of us do wear them but you'll see it seldom in public, behind closed doors however.
I used to do athletics so a lot of guys would wear leggings to run. I think in that context it's fine
I surely wouldn't feel comfortable if I had to witness a guy in leggings. It would look horrendous
Wouldn't like it in general. But I don't like women in them either. Unless they're running/yoga pants. They're never worn correctly as part of a casual outfit. Especially the damn Primark ones. Stop it people.

But OP, you're very aware and stylish. I could see you in a pair of well made, more structured ones and you'd pull it off. I'm picturing it with some kind of burgundy oversized cable knit jumper or T-shirt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

Quite a few places to get 'meggings' from :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
long johns are better
Reply 8
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
Wouldn't like it in general. But I don't like women in them either. Unless they're running/yoga pants. They're never worn correctly as part of a casual outfit. Especially the damn Primark ones. Stop it people.

But OP, you're very aware and stylish. I could see you in a pair of well made, more structured ones and you'd pull it off. I'm picturing it with some kind of burgundy oversized cable knit jumper or T-shirt.

You'd definitely look better than me in leggings I think you should try them out sometime they're really comfy :h:. I'm not that confident yet to wear them outside public. I have worn harem pants on nights out though
My view, for once, I imagine would be the most popular one.

You look like a girl, but whatever I don't care.

Less popular: Not doing something because it's socially unacceptable (and that alone, so like, not dubious morally etc.) is just weak-minded. Do what you want to do, because it's you. Some (like me in this case) will think you look ridiculous but why do you care?
Reply 10
Original post by FireGarden
My view, for once, I imagine would be the most popular one.

You look like a girl, but whatever I don't care.

Less popular: Not doing something because it's socially unacceptable (and that alone, so like, not dubious morally etc.) is just weak-minded. Do what you want to do, because it's you. Some (like me in this case) will think you look ridiculous but why do you care?

Yeah you're right.
I've never seen a guy wear leggings, but I imagine it would look quite odd.
they look wonderful. make sure you accessorise with a bow and arrow.
Reply 13
Original post by the bear
they look wonderful. make sure you accessorise with a bow and arrow.

Will do. :colonhash:
I wear spandex compression pants under shorts while I work out.
But not for fashion, nah.
I like when girls wear em, and the parachute pants or harem or whatever you call em lol
Original post by Black Cat

So what do you think?

I've seen male models wear them. But it will take at least many years for them to become socially acceptable.
Naa, not for me.

But then again, nothing to do with me
They already are they are called meggings, and look super hot
design-galaxy2.jpg
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier

I'm picturing carrying out an excorcism on this idea using bell, book and 40mm recoilless rifle.

Latest