The Student Room Group

Heatwave this week - 30 degrees to hit UK

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/29/heatwave-britain-temperatures-soaring

its going to be hot this week hotter than some countries so what is best way to keep cool over the weekend I got my air con units out and installed them inside every room inside my house to be prepared for this heat wave when it comes

how are u preparing for this heat wave
I don't think 30 degrees is really a heatwave.....maybe technically by UK standards because of the lower expected average temperatures. But hitting around 30 degrees is not that much of a heatwave, just make sure you are wearing light, breathable clothing, wear sun cream, drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.

I only start feeling it when it gets over 35+ degrees and walking out and about in the sun.
The office has air con that is all I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They tell us this every summer and I'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iqbal007
I don't think 30 degrees is really a heatwave.....maybe technically by UK standards because of the lower expected average temperatures. But hitting around 30 degrees is not that much of a heatwave, just make sure you are wearing light, breathable clothing, wear sun cream, drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.

I only start feeling it when it gets over 35+ degrees and walking out and about in the sun.

I think part of it is humidity, we often seem to get thunder storms/high humidity with our hot weather, so it can feel more unpleasant than 35-40c in dry air.
Original post by joey11223
I think part of it is humidity, we often seem to get thunder storms/high humidity with our hot weather, so it can feel more unpleasant than 35-40c in dry air.

That is true, I really dislike it when its really hot, then it rains briefly and you can feel the moisture in the air
Original post by Iqbal007
That is true, I really dislike it when its really hot, then it rains briefly and you can feel the moisture in the air

I don't like the "after-rain" smell either. Our weather sucks tbf, but I'd like a warm spell...well brightness is more important, for me greenhouse!
Reply 7
I'll be in the streets/ park somewhere topless.
*flexes*
Original post by joey11223
I don't like the "after-rain" smell either. Our weather sucks tbf, but I'd like a warm spell...well brightness is more important, for me greenhouse!

Are you mad? Nothing smells nicer than rain on a hot paving slab. Not petrol fumes nor freshly cut grass.
riots will break out

1) heatwave

2) july 8th budget with 12 billion of cuts

3) lord janner raped children in parliament

= rioting
Original post by MatureStudent36
Are you mad? Nothing smells nicer than rain on a hot paving slab. Not petrol fumes nor freshly cut grass.

Nah petrol gonna win out of the three, though short doses obv.
"When I arrive I'm causing a heatwave!" :woo:
Reply 12
Heatwave? Feels like a hot SUMMER to me.
It's ****ing hot today
Reply 14
Original post by Brubeckian
It's ****ing hot today

I know you would think it was the middle of summer *sigh*:wink:
Reply 15
That is nothing at all..we live around 34 degrees most of the time
Reply 16
Original post by Amanath
That is nothing at all..we live around 34 degrees most of the time

But the nanny state in the UK tells you what to do like you guessed it DRINK WATER (crying out load), like Idiocracy.
Reply 17
Original post by SeaPony
But the nanny state in the UK tells you what to do like you guessed it DRINK WATER (crying out load), like Idiocracy.

i see sea pony:wink:
Living in a country that's typically 30- 34 degrees all year long, I must say that that's not even a heat wave..... You'll do fine, wear super thin clothes, drink a lot of water and enjoy your summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending