The Student Room Group

Chemistry with Molecular Physics

I am looking to apply to Imperial next year for the course 'Chemistry with molecular physics', I was just wondering if there are any students doing this course or similar that can tell me if it is a good course to do if you want to do Particle Physics at postgrad rather than just doing a physics degree alone.

I don't really want to do only Physics at uni (not that I don't love physics), as I also enjoy chemistry equally as much and want to take them both past a-level, but would that decrease my chances of doing particle physics by doing both subjects later down the line?

Thanks in advance!:^_^:
Original post by Charlotte.097
I am looking to apply to Imperial next year for the course 'Chemistry with molecular physics', I was just wondering if there are any students doing this course or similar that can tell me if it is a good course to do if you want to do Particle Physics at postgrad rather than just doing a physics degree alone.

I don't really want to do only Physics at uni (not that I don't love physics), as I also enjoy chemistry equally as much and want to take them both past a-level, but would that decrease my chances of doing particle physics by doing both subjects later down the line?

Thanks in advance!:^_^:

Full disclosure - I don't study this - but my course did include a lot of physical chemistry that could well fall under the umbrella of molecular physics.... basically it has nothing to do with particle physics. You're gonna probably find you need a theoretical physics degree to go into that stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest