The Student Room Group

Similar Jobs to Estate Agent?

Hi. I am interested in being an Estate Agent but, without sounding like a snob, you don't need any qualifications for this specific job just loads of work experience. With completing my A-Levels now and hopefully attend University next year, are there any similar jobs like being an Estate Agent that require a specific degree? I feel I do have good grades to reflect on to a job you need qualifications for. I am interested in the marketing and sales of houses and marketing and sales in general but are there any similar jobs?

Thank you :smile:
There is nothing wrong with doing a job that doesn't require specific qualifications. In fact, to be honest, most jobs don't require qualifications. Even those jobs that do require a degree like computing etc, generally don't call on much of what was learned during one's degree course. In a world where there is so much choice, a degree is only cited by most employers as a way of filtering people based on academic prowess. I can't really see Estate Agents being that bother though.

If you want to go into being an Estate Agent I would question your motives for going to university and racking up such a huge amount of debt. If you are looking for the "student experience" you would be better off taking a couple of years out and becoming a holiday rep.

As for alternative jobs. An estate agent is basically a sales job. So anything in sales is likely to be your bag - and no - you don't require a degree for that either!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending