The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

BEng Mechanical Engineering 2015

Got to pass summer school before im ok to go to the BEng has anyone tried the summer school Maths for Engineers and whats it like?
Also im looking at getting books anyone know which books the course points you to. Im going onto the 2nd year as i have a HND i Engineering but it wa quite awhile ago so im worried about the maths and failing the summer school

3 wks later.
Well looks like ive bitten off more than i can chew here im definitively failing Summer school due to being to many years away from the higher end of maths so im lost in manipulating the algebra and product and quotant rules and so it exam is in two weeks time out of four when i started so i i will not be doing my BEng unless i pass which is highly unlikely.
I need to start onto 2nd year of the BEng but its been to long mathematically wise i need 60% min so good luck to all people and loks like i will have to go back to factory work.
(edited 8 years ago)
You can go onto extended engineering. My lad was in same position, been out of education a while. Extended course helped him bridge onto full degree.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Shellysenior
You can go onto extended engineering. My lad was in same position, been out of education a while. Extended course helped him bridge onto full degree.

Wish i could but i have only two years of financial support from Loans company left as i have done a HND which is two years and they only support 4 years of study in total any after that i personally have to find £8600 per every extra year which i would rather keep in the bank than pay it out on a course. Got family and morgage you understand !! ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending