The Student Room Group

What should my 4th A level option be?? Opinions??

So I've been for my college taster day today and I've decided on Maths Alevel, English Language A level and Geography A level.
However I'm unsure on my last option.
I want to be a primary school teacher so what would go best?
I was thinking either Psychology or Philosophy and ethics but this option would be my as one.
Any opinions at all will help me, thank you :smile:
Original post by Louise754
So I've been for my college taster day today and I've decided on Maths Alevel, English Language A level and Geography A level.
I was thinking either Psychology or Philosophy and ethics but this option would be my as one.

Do psychology, Its looked upon more favourably for teaching both for relevancy and difficulty.
Have you thought about switching language for lit? It's more respected, you'll get 2 facilitated that way. I do Philosophy and Ethics. I think they're equally respected. Psycology is harder though. R.S exams are usually quite easy, the questions repeat themselves, I'd done all my R.S questions before the exam. You can get a really good grade in it if you try. Psycology looks more impressive though, and you may find it easier.

In the end, do the one you enjoy more. That's really important. Which one came in your head? Go with that one.

Have you considered biology? Hard work, but so fun! I never realised how intricate the human body is. Again looks really good, having great synergy with Geography and Maths.

Good luck. A levels are great. Mine are History, English Lit, Biology and R.S
Film Studies
Psychology is good however it's very high demanding in terms of revision. As you are looking to become a teacher maybe ICT would be a good choice seeing as technology is becoming more widespread or maybe even sociology which involves understanding society? I've never taken science at a level but I think it would be a good qualification to have as you would then have the three main qualifications at a level being (maths English and science)
Reply 5
I looked at doing eng lit but I don't read that much.. There is no option for science A level just separate, i did triple science at gcse and i don't think i could handle any more haha. I looked at ict or computing but alot of people say its bad, i could go for rs as it would be less demanding
Anthropology.
Original post by Louise754

I would take psychology as there are many units that would help you as a teacher - e.g. development, understanding human behavior etc!

Quick Reply

Latest