The Student Room Group

Dentistry Abroad 2016 (help!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Ah okay well I hope you do get the correct predicted grades
And just a word of advice make sure you get your place asap I called the university at least 100 times and they still didn't give me a place and told me I was gonna be put at number 20 on the waiting list, however I complained saying how may times I have tried to get in touch and sent emails and later that they I got an application form

Posted from TSR Mobile

so should I apply early Jan ? or slightly later. Will I need to pay the reservation fee immediately because say if i get an offer from the UK I doubt they will refund me.
Original post by rumana101
so should I apply early Jan ? or slightly later. Will I need to pay the reservation fee immediately because say if i get an offer from the UK I doubt they will refund me.

You should get in touch with them before January and as soon as applications open on the 1st of Jan fill in whatever form they give you straight away
And yes they ask for the reservation free pretty soon around €1500 and also a open file fee costing €500 so that's really the drawback of applying however it's much cheaper then going through an agency

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should get in touch with them before January and as soon as applications open on the 1st of Jan fill in whatever form they give you straight away
And yes they ask for the reservation free pretty soon around €1500 and also a open file fee costing €500 so that's really the drawback of applying however it's much cheaper then going through an agency

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really annoying as if I did receive an offer in the Uk I would loose the money, I guess I will know if I've got some interviews during around December time anyway
Reply 43
they don't know about you wanting to apply abroad? I told my parents and they're were like so supportive of it strangely, what are you stats may I ask and where did you apply?

I think if you have the passion for dentistry seriously go for it, Valencia looks amazing and the course itself looks great too. I went to an open event for studying in Bulgaria also looks good but Spain just seems 10x better, although its more expensive I reckon its worth it.

I applied to leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester and Kings collage London i was predicted 3 As but i didnt get any offers. I have mentioned it to my parents before and they did seem supportive i just need to tell them im actually going for it now i hope they don't change their minds! But yes i cant see myself doing anything else so i have to goits just a matter of deciding where now and quickly taking the entrance exam. Id love to go to Spain as i have studied Spanish for AS level so i could improve my Spanish too and Spain does seem better but its my parents that are going to be funding me so i need to check if it's alright with them to sp
Reply 44
Spend a bit extra..i hope the uk doesn't get voted to stay out of the eu or it will just cause more problems for us
Original post by lopsonj
Spend a bit extra..i hope the uk doesn't get voted to stay out of the eu or it will just cause more problems for us

Yeah I'm just hoping we stay in which looks pretty likely , also in the next year or so they might change the nhs dentistry contracts and they've been taking about doing it for years so look out for that aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lopsonj
I applied to leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester and Kings collage London i was predicted 3 As but i didnt get any offers. I have mentioned it to my parents before and they did seem supportive i just need to tell them im actually going for it now i hope they don't change their minds! But yes i cant see myself doing anything else so i have to goits just a matter of deciding where now and quickly taking the entrance exam. Id love to go to Spain as i have studied Spanish for AS level so i could improve my Spanish too and Spain does seem better but its my parents that are going to be funding me so i need to check if it's alright with them to sp

And how come you got predicted 3 a with no offers what was your ukcat like if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
And how come you got predicted 3 a with no offers what was your ukcat like if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know i got a low ukcat score though of 600 and i think it's also because i didnt really have near as much work experience or things to put on my personal statement as the other candidates competition is ridiculous it isnt even about the grades anymore
Original post by lopsonj
Yeah i know i got a low ukcat score though of 600 and i think it's also because i didnt really have near as much work experience or things to put on my personal statement as the other candidates competition is ridiculous it isnt even about the grades anymore

Ah that's fair enough unfortunately I had all of that but just got predicted aab
Are you not gonna take a gap year and reapply if you get 3 a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm just hoping we stay in which looks pretty likely , also in the next year or so they might change the nhs dentistry contracts and they've been taking about doing it for years so look out for that aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean by changing the NHS contract

For Valencia, say if you can't grasp the Spanish by 4th year, would you be able to transfer to UEM Madrid for the last two years of the degree?, its my only concern.
(edited 7 years ago)
For Valencia, say if you can't grasp the Spanish by 4th year, would you be able to transfer to UEM Madrid for the last two years of the degree?, its my only concern.

Not to sure about that I'll check for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not to sure about that I'll check for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

any update on this?

Quick Reply

Latest