The Student Room Group

Dentistry Abroad 2016 (help!)

1. What are some accredited universities in the E.U?

2. How to apply so I can get a place for 2016 Sept/Oct?

3. Can I apply with my AS grades in August? (So that I get an offer/place in the E.U)

4. Should I tell my College?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BewareTomato
1. What are some accredited universities in the E.U?

2. How to apply so I can get a place for 2016 Sept/Oct?

3. Can I apply with my AS grades in August? (So that I get an offer/place in the E.U)

4. Should I tell my College?

BUMP!!!! In a few years i want to do this!!!!!!!! Btw, can i ask what are your grades ? and what subjects you have taken ?
Original post by |Incognizant|
BUMP!!!! In a few years i want to do this!!!!!!!! Btw, can i ask what are your grades ? and what subjects you have taken ?

GCSE: (I don't meet any entry requirements for the UK)
Core science B
Additional science A
Maths B
English C
ICT pass

I'm an a-level re-take so I'm waiting on my AS grades in August. But I've taken Maths, Biology, Psychology and Chemistry.

I've also applied for UKCAT which I plan on taking in October sometime.
Hi , I'm also applying for dentistry abroad. Some good unis are Palacky Uni, Szeged, Debrecen, I don't know about others but I've visited these places and they seem good with other international students studying the course. You can apply early , depending on the university they may require you to take an entrance test, or may look at your a levels. I flopped my AS year getting C,C,D,D and don't see the point of resitting as it's gets harder all the time ! Right now I'm completing my A2 this year and mostly revising for the spec for the palacky dental entrance exam. I would choose palacky, the fees are high, but it's a really good uni and recognised by the UK and everywhere else, my brother is going to study there for dentistry and iv spoken to students there and they have said it's great! I don't know if you should tell your college or not. One thing about studying abroad is you have to learn the language when you do the clinical side of the course eg talking to patients so you may have to learn the language, also the drop out rate for unis abroad are really really high and they fail you easily and you can't go and resit exams from what I've heard. that's all I guess, good luck, I'm applying for palacky since my bro is already going there , you can ask me more if you have other questions
Reply 4
Hi there,

I am gonna start studying dentistry at plovdiv, Bulgaria in 2016.

The tuitionfee is 8000 euro a year.
And the course is in English but you Will have bulgarian classes aswell.

Let me know if u need any help
Reply 5
Hi there,

I am gonna start dentistry in Plodiv, Bulgaria 2016.
The tuition fee is 8000 euro a year and it is a English course.

If you need any help let me know.
Original post by TammieAli
Hi there,

what is the course like and how much clinical based practice do you get in your first year?
I'm going to Valencia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I'm going to Valencia

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEV? its like 15-16k just for tuition...
Original post by rumana101
UEV? its like 15-16k just for tuition...

13 thousand euros which isn't to bad considering it's cheaper then private school and Madrid is a lot more expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
13 thousand euros which isn't to bad considering it's cheaper then private school and Madrid is a lot more expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile

the last two years are in spanish though, personally i'd find that very difficult unless your fluent in spanish
the last two years are in spanish though, personally i'd find that very difficult unless your fluent in spanish

That's true but I'm gonna try learn as much as possible over the summer and then have the next 3 years to practice which I will as I want to do dentistrt

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's true but I'm gonna try learn as much as possible over the summer and then have the next 3 years to practice which I will as I want to do dentistrt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to do dentistry too but I doubt I will get a place in the Uk. Spain or Bulgaria is my backup but I'm just worried at the prospect of the course and examinations being entirely taught in spanish for the last 2 years as I know 0 spanish. If you do apply do let me know what agency/application procedure
I really want to do dentistry too but I doubt I will get a place in the Uk. Spain or Bulgaria is my backup but I'm just worried at the prospect of the course and examinations being entirely taught in spanish for the last 2 years as I know 0 spanish. If you do apply do let me know what agency/application procedure

I've already applied and got a place for Valencia, I did it straight through the uni
I also have choice of going to Charles uni in Prague however the entrance exam is on the same day of my compulsory general studies exam so therefore I can't go
And I know 0 Spanish but if i have to learn it to do dentistry I'm sure I can

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already applied and got a place for Valencia, I did it straight through the uni
I also have choice of going to Charles uni in Prague however the entrance exam is on the same day of my compulsory general studies exam so therefore I can't go
And I know 0 Spanish but if i have to learn it to do dentistry I'm sure I can

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah wow, how did you get through to the uni, I emailed them for more information regarding entry a while back and I received no reply. I think Valencia is the better option in my opinion have you visited yet? The facilities and the way the course inculcates clinical in the first 3 years makes it a lot better than the traditional 3 years core then 2 years clinical. What grades did you apply with?, apparently you need ABB dependant upon the individual.
Ah wow, how did you get through to the uni, I emailed them for more information regarding entry a while back and I received no reply. I think Valencia is the better option in my opinion have you visited yet? The facilities and the way the course inculcates clinical in the first 3 years makes it a lot better than the traditional 3 years core then 2 years clinical. What grades did you apply with?, apparently you need ABB dependant upon the individual.

Yeah I had to constantly phone up for like 2 months and then after that they still said I was to late to apply which wasn't my fault as no one had replied to me so I complained and therefore got a place.
I haven't visited but I've talked to many people and met people who go there and I will be going to look in the summer for accommodation
And I think it's bbb or anything similar like abc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I had to constantly phone up for like 2 months and then after that they still said I was to late to apply which wasn't my fault as no one had replied to me so I complained and therefore got a place.
I haven't visited but I've talked to many people and met people who go there and I will be going to look in the summer for accommodation
And I think it's bbb or anything similar like abc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thats annoying they don't seem to respond via email either, I'll probably visit before I apply, did you not have to pay a reservation fee, if so how much did they charge? Congrats on the offer though!
Ah, thats annoying they don't seem to respond via email either, I'll probably visit before I apply, did you not have to pay a reservation fee, if so how much did they charge? Congrats on the offer though!

Not sure if you can apply any more for this year for Valencia
And yeah had to pay 2,500 euros all together which is still cheaper then agencies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if you can apply any more for this year for Valencia
And yeah had to pay 2,500 euros all together which is still cheaper then agencies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im looking to apply for the 2017 entry anyway, do let me know what you think of the uni when you visit cause I'm undecided between Valencia or Bulgaria if I don't get in here.
Original post by TammieAli
Hi there,

Hellooooo do you know if theres loans available to go to plovdiv and how to get one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending