The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
each is as important as the other.
the choice of whichever one is best is baised, and based on individual interest.
i say ..Physics. and Biology a little bit.
Reply 21
saasmi
each is as important as the other.
the choice of whichever one is best is baised, and based on individual interest.
i say ..Physics. and Biology a little bit.

This wouldn't get you a C in speaking & listening part of English Language GCSE. :p: PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU CHOSE IT!!!
Reply 22
I'm glad to see Physics is winning as it is the Science that truly describes everything in the whole Universe. Physicists look for an answer to every possible question! unlike Biologists and Chemists who's studies are very narrow.
Reply 23
How are chemists and biologists studies very narrow?
Reply 24
Lou_
How are chemists and biologists studies very narrow?

in comparison to Physics... :p:
PHYSICS! OBV!

:]
particle physics all the way. hell yeaaah.
Reply 26
Biology ftw!
Reply 27
Osmosis
Biology ftw!

state the reason.. :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Rattata
state the reason.. :rolleyes:

All right.

I like Biology because it's a life science - it's the study of vital organic processes, rather than lifeless inanimate particles.

I like Biology because it combines aspects of other sciences (such as physics, chemistry and geology) to present a holistic view of the way living organisms function, on levels ranging from nanoscopic DNA molecules to massive, continent -wide ecosystems.

Sure, I can see that other sciences are incredibly important. I just don't find them half as fascinating to study.

Satisfied?
Reply 29
Osmosis
All right.

I like Biology because it's a life science - it's the study of vital organic processes, rather than lifeless inanimate particles.

I like Biology because it combines aspects of other sciences (such as physics, chemistry and geology) to present a holistic view of the way living organisms function, on levels ranging from nanoscopic DNA molecules to massive, continent -wide ecosystems.

Sure, I can see that other sciences are incredibly important. I just don't find them half as fascinating to study.

Satisfied?

Yes that was a good speech.
Reply 30
I prefer Physics, but have a love of Chemistry. I dropped Biology, I found it dull and there was so much to remember.

So i would say Physics > Chemistry >>> Biology
Reply 31
Out of those Chemistry and Physics...they really become the same subject at an advanced level (with respect to the best subject, Geology, anyway).
Reply 32
bikerx23
Out of those Chemistry and Physics...they really become the same subject at an advanced level (with respect to the best subject, Geology, anyway).

Exactly, degree level chemistry is basically applied physics (i.e thermodynamics, kinetic theory etc)
Reply 33
Wiseguy.
Exactly, degree level chemistry is basically applied physics (i.e thermodynamics, kinetic theory etc)

Organic/inorganic chemistry? Anything similar to physics would be physical chem.
Reply 34
Physics is the most fundamental.

Without physics you couldn't even have electricity, nevermind a computer.
I love all three...they equaly have as many pros and cons as each other
Reply 36
I suppose at the end of the day everything seems to boil down to Physics, but I wouldn't say that it makes it the BEST science. They're all useful, they all overlap, I enjoy all of them and they all have their purpose. I mean, it's all one big continuous thing anyway, the only reason they're different subjects is because that's what we've chosen to subdivide science up as.

There's loads of competition between the science departments at school too! I got told off by my biology teacher for being a "wordy chemist" today
Reply 37
The pharse arrogant idiots springs to mind after reading this thread

How can you brand one science better then another?

Just because some of you lot have done a science at A level, does not give you the right to speak like you are some sort of authority on all sciences.
Im sorry to burst your little bubble, but the stuff you learn in A level for all sciences doesnt even compare with the extend and depth covered at degree level. Infact some of the stuff you learn is either inaccurate or out of date (personal experience and having spoke to many many people on different degree courses)

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against A level students, I DO have something against arrogant A-level students who just dont seem to get it.

Have a nice day

p.s. if by best you mean the subject you enjoy the most. I suggest you look up the definition of best
Physics, because it constantly puzzles and astounds me :smile:
Reply 39
physics is a pile of crap =|

biology's the best ! at least it's about people...sometimes =/
siojfosdf

Latest

Trending

Trending