The Student Room Group

Working during studying law

Like in the title, does anyone have the experience with that? Of course, I mean part time job, but not exactly connected to law, like working in cafeteria, shop etc. Is it possible to be successful at the university and still earn satisying money? As I will probbably have to work when doing my degree and I don't know if I can manage :biggrin: Also, the university that I am interested in is Uni of Edinburgh and as far as I know it's extremely demanding, that bothers me a lot.

Thank you in anvance for responses :smile:
I work 10-15 hours per week in a bar, it's very doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also looking for work and hopefully studying law at Leicester this Sep. It depends on the working hours as working 20+ hours would be putting a lot of stress on your studies. Btw Law consists of many 'all nighters' so make sure you have time to devote if you want a good grade!
Original post by Abirahmed96
I'm also looking for work and hopefully studying law at Leicester this Sep. It depends on the working hours as working 20+ hours would be putting a lot of stress on your studies. Btw Law consists of many 'all nighters' so make sure you have time to devote if you want a good grade!

People who haven't studied at uni yet are telling other people who haven't studied at uni yet what it's like to study at uni.

1425461727473.jpg
Reply 4
I worked 20 hours a week and managed to get a 2.1 so it's doable.

I don't know why everyone thinks law is an exceedingly hard subject which is literally going to take up ALL of your time. Aslong as you're prepared, know your cases and the law and follow the IDEA method (in my experience this works very well) in exams you'll be fine.
Original post by Naomixo

I don't know why everyone thinks law is an exceedingly hard subject which is literally going to take up ALL of your time. Aslong as you're prepared, know your cases and the law and follow the IDEA method (in my experience this works very well) in exams you'll be fine.

Where did you study?
Original post by callum_law
People who haven't studied at uni yet are telling other people who haven't studied at uni yet what it's like to study at uni.

1425461727473.jpg

Hahah I've got a lot of family that study law at uni.
Reply 7
I worked whilst studying law, it really is no problem at all. If you manage your time and don't slack you'll be fine!
However, watch how many hours you work. 10-15 hours will be fine but above 20 could be a bit of a struggle.
Original post by Naomixo

What's the IDEA method?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending