The Student Room Group

Feeling like no one cares about you?

All my life I've been the person others didn't care as much about as someone else, everyone from my family to friends to even people like teachers and doctors letting me down. Try to be nice and people take me for granted even though I'm no pushover.

Is the best way to deal with this just to be selfish? And cut people out of my life if they have been like this?
Original post by Anonymous
All my life I've been the person others didn't care as much about as someone else, everyone from my family to friends to even people like teachers and doctors letting me down. Try to be nice and people take me for granted even though I'm no pushover.

Is the best way to deal with this just to be selfish? And cut people out of my life if they have been like this?
Tbh on the last point/the question...yes from experience, there is absolutely no point tagging along with people that take you for granted they'll do it once, they'll do it a thousand times if you let them! Seek out friendships where you feel valued, you clearly deserve it you're a nice person.

If you feel like someone's taking you for granted step back first and walk away if they don't show signs of changing.
:colondollar:....may be you do not pay attention to those who need yours
Reply 3
Original post by Little Popcorns
Tbh on the last point/the question...yes from experience, there is absolutely no point tagging along with people that take you for granted they'll do it once, they'll do it a thousand times if you let them! Seek out friendships where you feel valued, you clearly deserve it you're a nice person.

If you feel like someone's taking you for granted step back first and walk away if they don't show signs of changing.

Thanks good advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending