The Student Room Group

We keep running out of things to say to each other

So me and this guy like each other, and we usually have quite general conversations as in the whole hey, how are you etc. We joke around A LOT too, we've never really talked about serious things to each other until about a few days ago.. so after a year of talking we've finally managed to open up.

It doesn't help that we both aren't very emotional and we don't openly start talking about personal things unless it is relevant , he is practically the male version of me, although he said he is more than happy to answer any questions I have about anything at all (I don't really want to ask anything, unless it naturally comes up in the conversation). So what do we talk about, to stop the conversation dying?
Cut the small talk. Get to the point more often. You don't really know what tomorrow'll bring.
Reply 2
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Cut the small talk. Get to the point more often. You don't really know what tomorrow'll bring.

But I don't really know what to talk about with him that isn't small talk. I suppose I'm just struggling to think of topics. He loves talking about himself after I directly ask him, he really gets into the discussion.. unfortunately, I don't really know what to ask.. :/
Find a common ground.

When you talk to your group of friends, what do you talk about with them..? Maybe have that topic of conversation with him?

Or you guys just may not be too compatible.
Less talk and more action maybe. Talking is all good ,but there is a time when more than talking will need to go down.
Original post by Anonymous
But I don't really know what to talk about with him that isn't small talk. I suppose I'm just struggling to think of topics. He loves talking about himself after I directly ask him, he really gets into the discussion.. unfortunately, I don't really know what to ask.. :/

Ask him who would win in a fight: Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan (ignoring the fact that one of them is dead, guys love talking stuff like this).

What car would you most like to have? The Bugatti Veyron is fast but an Ariel Atom V8 is even quicker on the bends although sports motorcycles have better acceleration compared to most cars. I particularly like the Suzuki GSXR. Gotta love that blue and white colour scheme. Also the sound of a nice motor being run ragged is friggen incredible. Dont even get me started on jet cars. They're like flatulent gods on wheels! The Ariel Atom is more practical tho.

Ask him out. When your out you can get pissed. People never seem to shut up when they're pissed. Problem solved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending