The Student Room Group

Who should be the next James Bond?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Ed Skrein. He's the dude from Deadpool who fought Ryan Reynolds, Ajax

And won the 2016 MTV Award for Best Fight with Reynolds.
He was also in Game of Thrones

He's English as well:

Smooth lad who apparently used to rap as well.

He was ****ing crap in Game of Thrones.
Original post by Dr Pesto
He was ****ing crap in Game of Thrones.

Whatever lol he was still in it.
Original post by 0to100
Whatever lol he was still in it.

Didn't they recast him after about 3 episodes?
Rumours currently say that Tom Hiddleston is being seriously considered for Bond 25. Whether this is just a tactic to entice Daniel Craig to come back for one last film, or if Hiddleston is actually in the running to be the next Bond, we don't know. Last I heard, the producers were going to wait until Craig has finished his other projects before trying again to get him back. Maybe that's not happening any more? :dontknow:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/41023/tom-hiddleston-in-advanced-talks-to-become-next-james-bond

I would definitely support Tom Hiddleston as Bond - he's a great actor and has done some terrific films, although I still have to catch up on some of them. Having said that, I would love to see Damien Lewis or Idris Elba win the role purely on their amazing performances in American TV shows. Homeland and The Wire are some of the best dramas ever made - and as they say, Bond makes the actor, not the other way around. I think all three of these actors are equally deserving of the role. We'll just have to see how this plays out.
Fassbender, Butler or Cavill.

Don't like the idea of Damien Lewis or Statham. Other than the 3 I mentioned I don't fancy any of the other frontrunners so go for someone lesser known.

Would be interested in James McAvoy as well.
Dan Stevens

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Luke Evans would be my choice, he has the gritty look that they're going for in the more recent Bond films.
I hope it's not Hiddlestone or Cavill, they made their auditions in Night Manager and Man From U.N.C.L.E respectively and I wasn't convinced by either. Nothing against them as actors as they've been good in other films/TV series but I think they're too polished to be Bond.

Quick Reply

Latest