The Student Room Group

Who should be the next James Bond?

Apparently Idris Elba hasn't been asked to be the next Bond yet (even though those leaked emails from Sony named him as a potential successor to Daniel Craig).

My vote goes to Jason Statham. He's not posh enough to be the traditional bond. However, he is awesome.

Scroll to see replies

Me! :smile:
Reply 2
I'm happy for it to be someone I haven't heard of. I can't think of anyone right now that I think would be a good match.
Tom Hardy feels like the most credible suggestion to me. Depends whether they want someone completely different from Daniel Craig though - Hardy would be a very similar kind of Bond.
Idris Elba/Jason Statham
Gerard Butler?
Michael Fassbender would be my favourite choice for the role :yep:
Reply 7
definitely
Sylvester Stallone

Failure to get him
then
sotonianone
Reply 8

Damian Lewis
Elba or Tom Hardy for me. They both have a really strong screen presence that suits the role.

Or, if they wish to take the franchise in a different direction, Graham Norton.
Damian Lewis - I hope not. I can't see him being believable as a dangerous person. Getting old.

Michael Fassbender - seems like a coiled, dangerous snake. Good choice. Too good an actor though?

Henry Cavill - certainly got the look. Was considered 10 years ago but was "too young". Is now the right time?

Tom Hardy - has a rugged physicality to him. Similar to Craig, yes, but that's not a bad thing. Too short?

Idris Elba - too old? And too good an actor?

Jason Statham - puhlease. This must be a joke option. Who could take him seriously as Bond? Too old and short as well.
Stephen Fry. He can act posh, if that's what you're looking for.
Original post by GuppyFox
Me! :smile:

Beat me to it

If i was Bond though i would be the first black James Bond :tongue:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Beat me to it

How flattering that you'd choose me to be James Bond too :tongue:
Original post by GuppyFox
How flattering that you'd choose me to be James Bond too :tongue:

Yes very flattering:erm:
I kid
Reply 15
Original post by TomatoLounge
Apparently Idris Elba hasn't been asked to be the next Bond yet (even though those leaked emails from Sony named him as a potential successor to Daniel Craig).

My vote goes to Jason Statham. He's not posh enough to be the traditional bond. However, he is awesome.

I would consider nominating John Travolta. As a possible candidate at least.
Reply 16
Hardy would only be a good villain.

A Bond film is usually the zenith for an actor, and Hardy's much more adept than that particular role so he'd be wasted in it. He's a character, method actor.

I'd suggest that Idris Elba would be the best shout.
Reply 17
I'd probably go with Idris Elba or Michael Fassbender too. After that maybe Nicholas Hoult at some point? He's too young right now and doesn't really have the gravitas but give it a few years and I think he has potential (he also would have made a much better Harry Potter in my opinion). My main concern though is please god not Damian Lewis! It's cliché but Bond is meant to be the guy men want to be like and women want to be with - a creepy old ginger just doesn't fill that criteria.
(edited 8 years ago)
DEFINITELY agree with Michael Fassbender.

He was an amazing Magneto, so I reckon he has both the cold calculation and the heart to be Bond.
Reply 19
Barry from the Chuckle Brothers

Quick Reply

Latest